got the net 3.1 update but now have annoying keyboard sounds

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
so i got the update last night and now i have this annoying key click sounds when i type on the keyboard.

i looked under the sounds settings but i dont see a way to turn it off.

this is really anoying to have a typerwriter key sounds

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
We knew if we left you along long enough you would figure this out by yourself. :)

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
We knew if we left you along long enough you would figure this out by yourself. :)

heck of a guy. i just dont see why its not under something that makes sence. oh say like sound.... everything i looked up talk about the phones not the tablets. i knew it had to be in there someplace. the upgrade must have enabled it by default.

unix1adm

May 20, 2011
wow this update really slowed down my tablet. anyone else have this issue. typing is really slow and the programs load slower and the backdrops swipe slower

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
heck of a guy. i just dont see why its not under something that makes sence. oh say like sound.... everything i looked up talk about the phones not the tablets. i knew it had to be in there someplace. the upgrade must have enabled it by default.

Well there is the manual....

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/Manuals/acer/2011/UserGuides/UM_Acer_1_0_EN_A500.pdf

And, by the way, the best purchase you will ever make for your tablet is the Swiftkey X keyboard from the market.

Last edited:

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
Mine is much peppier, Everything seems to be smoother overall. Still not quite as smooth as a Ipad but getting very close.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Mine is much peppier, Everything seems to be smoother overall. Still not quite as smooth as a Ipad but getting very close.

Funny you should say that. Side by side comparison with Ipad user on the same wifi showed the Acer beating the ipad in EVERY SINGLE action.
Especially web based things.

Starting a movie, playing music, opening ebooks, switching apps, everything was faster. Google Maps ran much faster on the Acer, and Google Earth - well forget using that on Ipad, it was painfully slow. Acer won hands down, and my visiting ipad owner friend was seriously thinking of ditching her ipad for Android. When I plugged in the memory stick and external keyboard she turned green with envy.

If by smooth, you mean slow, then yes, Ipad wins.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Nonsense, Ice. I just tested opening this thread at the same time on my iPad and iconia (after reading it first on my PC) and the iPad was way faster at getting the page open. Movies take much longer to load too. GE is no where near painfully slow, either.

The place where the Acer beats the Wifi-only ipad is the Wifi-only Acer has a GPS and the Wifi iPad doesn't. Clear winner there if you use a Nav app with stored maps like Navigon. Also, the resolution in the Acer beats the iPad's hands down. Bigger screen for movies, too. Ports on the Acer are nice, but the weight of the Acer is a real downside. Being able to add files to the microSD is a real advantage...I can run a digital archive on the acer than I cannot run on the iPad (though I had to add the Opera browser to get it to work as the stock browser won't let the PDFs open).

Slowness is not one of the weakeness of the iPad. And let us not even mention battery life.

IMG_0236.jpg

Last edited:

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I wasn't talking about speed just the fact that in pretty much every ipad app and in the browser once the page is loaded. Scrolling around is very smooth, the actual transition of when you touch the screen to move it is very fluid. In HC 3.0 it was jerky. Now with 3.1 it's much better. I really prefer my A500 over my ipad 1 I just need more apps. The speed on the A500 is much better.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
AQ, I have no idea what you have done to your browser on the Acer to slow it down, but in my tests
the Acer wins every page paint, as long as I turn off Adobe Flash to match the Ipad's lack of support for Flash.

The stock Android browser is just a faster browser all around.

I stand by my test results.