Gps solution found

robitron929

May 3, 2011
For best results use both methods together. After using both on my ICONIA average GPS lock time under 60 seconds

Method 1.
NOT ROOTED
To clear GPS cache THIS ALWAYS HELPS<<<<<<<!!!!!!!!!

Instructions:

1. Download and install GPS Status & Toolbox from android market

2. Open the GPS Status & Toolbox

3. Press Menu -> Tools

4. Tap on Manage A-GPS state

5. Tap Reset

6. Tap Download

7. Enjoy faster GPS locking

Method 2.
ROOTED***
BUSYBOX REQUIRED

Required:
Root access
Fasterfix app from market
read all of this post so you don't screw yourself.

Instructions:

To speed up google maps nav: Install "Fasterfix" app from market, open app, accept super user permissions, pick region (!!!never change this) then test via google maps navigation. Should speed it up $hit load, just as fast as my incredible when it was new. Hope this helps
Honestly until android comes up with a fix for the maps app I'm going to use WASE GPS found in market you MIGHT get a search for SIGNAL, BUT MUCH FASTER GPS.

FYI!!!!!!!! DONT REPICK REGION IN FASTERFIX APPLICATION!!!!! or you will have to do this:

It appears I was having some issues cingularly in the davlik cache because I changed my region in fasterfix because I figured what the fnck, and that screwed up my speed so when you pick your region stick with it or you will slow the crap out of navigation plus to fix it you will have unistall fasterfix, delete" data@[email protected]@classes.dex[/email]" under davik-cache, reinstall pick region, test via navigation.

Info:

Sorry about last post: you will only need to open Fasterfix app once.
Misc:
It appears that fastfix is server based location finder, what ever that means

Last edited:

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
You're doing fine. We're all learning together and it doesn't all come together at once.

robitron929

May 3, 2011
You're doing fine. We're all learning together and it doesn't all come together at once.

Yeah just need to keep the word out so that other devs may consider fixing this although the good possibility is were looking at a hardware issues, hopefully a kernel could push the GPS ferther