GPS tablet with port for dongle?

pacificus

Jul 31, 2013
I would like to buy a tablet, probably a 7-inch one but I'm not too fussed about size. I want to use it for video and audio while out camping; navigation while riding a motorcycle and bicycle (hence the need for GPS facility), and Internet access via a dongle.

I don't want one with in-built radio communications due to health concerns involving radiation. With a dongle, however, I could have it on the end of a cable safely away from my body. I can't do that when the cellphone or WiFi tech is contained within the tablet itself.

I'm also not keen to spend a vast sum on a tablet.

I am looking for recommendations. Please post any if able to assist. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum

Your single biggest issue will be that dongle as only a few work with Android and you also would need the USB port on the tablet. I have a link below in my sig that explains some of the alternatives and a few dongles that work.

Welcome to the forum

Your single biggest issue will be that dongle as only a few work with Android and you also would need the USB port on the tablet. I have a link below in my sig that explains some of the alternatives and a few dongles that work.

Thanks, Leeshor. I'll look through your list but, in the meantime, if you or anyone else is able to recommend a specific tablet, please do! I have read that many tablets do not facilitate dongles, Samsung Galaxy amongst them. Owing to the vast number of tablets on the market, going through them all would be quite a task, especially as the information I seek is often not included in the product descriptions.

Hello,pacificus, you're welcome, hope you have a great experience at SpeMall.
Have a nice day
SpeMall

Back