Gtablet black screen, no power light...any hope? Help please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justkidzmom

Oct 1, 2012
I have a gtablet that my son "operated" on. I have no idea if it will ever work again. I have the charger that attaches to my pc and that is all. I have no idea what I am doing but thought this might be the place to find an answer. I want to salvage this...it is brand new and he thought he would customize it...obviously not successful. Can someone please lead me in the right direction? Thank you so much!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

My first thought is that if your son took the responsibility to fiddle with it he should buy you a new one. ;)

In all seriousness can you (or he) be more specific about what he did or what is or isn't working at this point?

Justkidzmom

Oct 1, 2012
Agree on your first point!! Unfortunately he can't afford it!!:rolleyes:

This is what I know:
1) The screen/power light do not come on at all
2) He claims he was trying to "reset the tablet to it's factory settings"...using advice from a forum but not sure what he did
3) Hoping I have the correct wall charger!!

Thanks for your quick reply!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
If you have no light when plugged into the charger we need to try to rule out a charger problem. Use the charging cable to plug your tab into a running PC for 5-6 hours and see if you get any reaction afterwards.

Justkidzmom

Oct 1, 2012
Just pushed the power button and the volume button and the screen lit up. The top left corner reads "Magic value mismatch" Then the next line reads "Critical failure: Unable to start kernel." Then the next line reads "Unrecoverable bootloader error (0X000000002)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
In that case I have no idea what to suggest next as it sounds like the boot loader is toast. There is probably a way to get an official Viewsonic version installed but I don't know what it takes. I hope someone else can provide some help.

Justkidzmom

Oct 1, 2012
In that case I have no idea what to suggest next as it sounds like the boot loader is toast. There is probably a way to get an official Viewsonic version installed but I don't know what it takes. I hope someone else can provide some help.

Yikes! I hope others chime in! I have NO idea what to try!!

Justkidzmom

Oct 1, 2012
FYI:

I plugged the gtablet directly into the wall outlet, not the pc. I tried to turn the tablet on and off a couple of times. Just by dumb luck it finally booted up. I really think it had to do with the direct charge from the wall outlet as opposed to the pc. After I was successful in booting the tablet, I was then anxious to try to download (?) Jelly Bean.

I did a search on youtube and found directions from Ray Waldo. The video is titled "Jelly Bean on ViewSonic G-Tablet" It was very easy to follow and yes, a success!! My son is playing on it as I am typing this. Just thought someone might find this helpful.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.