Guide to make m701 (2GB) firmware #181 (2010.10.16) 'more workable'.

Oct 17, 2010
Well... Hello Loonix... Could u write me the steps that u used to rooted and fix market? I have the 2Gb M701 sdcard stick out...

Thanks...

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Marcelo the gapps are already installed.
I might write a guide after i retrace my steps to remove eoe market without crashing the pad :p
use z4root to gain root.
If i post a guide i will not post it here but in a new topic and will make it for the #181 firmware.

Oct 17, 2010
Loonix... Thanks for reply... I understand u... I want know to install gapps in android 2.2 in my M701 because the release 2010/12/8 doesn't....

Could u help me in this?

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
I could tell you how to install them but could not help you to make them work.
I tried, youtube works, i belive google maps worked too but it was impossible to log into my google account so gmail, market, everything that uses the google account did not work
We suspect that newer android versions need the IMEI (or something similar) of the phone to identify the device.
Since these pads do not have telephony components it cant provide this number and so the login fails -.-
at least until someone finds out how to 'fake' this ID or figures out a workaround.

p.s. please could a moderator split these few last posts into a new thread like 'Installing Gapps in official android 2.2 on M701 2Gb?' ?

Oct 17, 2010
Hum... we have problems here... i believe that cyanogenmod 2.2 fake the IMEI (or other ID) and Google Market works... So, if i know the process, i can copy this to Haipad Image 2.2... u agree?

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
sadly i can not agree =(
i just installed the latest google apps i could find (CyanogenMod 7 MDPI 20110120)
I pushed every part of it manualy via ADB to the right directories
(if clockwork mod is installed you just need to push the zip file to the SD and can install it via the recovery menu but the current clockworkmod does not work for me on 2.2)
Youtube worked OK, but as said no dice when connecting to google accounts.