Had vegantab gingeredition 7.0.0 RC1 installed - now won't boot up

Aug 5, 2011
hi,
so i had vegantab gingeredition 7.0.0 RC1 installed on my gtablet. android market was working fine. was working ok, though i had noticed that on startup the gingeredition screen with the black background would "cycle" several times wherein the "vegan-tab GingerEdition" words would "flash" before the desktop would finally become active. but it would always start up and get to the desktop and would work fine.

then i reset the personal data (i can't remember the exact option) so the tablet would delete my history/passwords/private settings. now, when i try to restart, it gets to the black background where the "vegan-tab GingerEdition" words "flash". it will do that two times, but then the screen goes entirely black for a second, and then the "vegan-tab GingerEdition" words "flash" twice again, then all goes black again, etc. it does this about 7 times and then the tablet just shuts off.

can anyone help me figure out how to get my tablet functioning again!? i had actually sold the tablet right before this started happening, but now i don't know what i'll do (anyone want to make me an offer, lol?).

any help would be much appreciated - thanks!

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
If you can get into clockwork recovery.. try do a "factory data reset" from there..... it'll do a better job of resetting the device than the in system option it not only wipes the personal data you described from the device it also does a cache wipe... also.. if you're selling the decvice remember to check the internal "sdcard" for personal files.. emails, pics, chat logs... ect.

Last edited:

Rags

May 22, 2011
If you are selling, it may be easiest to restore it to the stock settings. I believe that if you were running Vegan Ginger then you were on a 1.1 ROM. You could follow Roebeet's instructions to perform a full restore.

[STICKY][ROM] nvflash FULL restore, using bekit's original image (Instructions) - xda-developers

After performing the restore you could re-install Ginger as it is a very nice ROM! Or you can leave it at stock and leave it to the purchaser to decide. If they did see your setup with Ginger then you give them the stock image they may be upset though... ;)

Aug 5, 2011
thanks guys! i decided to try to restore the system to stock settings, and then install ginger after. but now i'm getting an error when i try to run the following portion of [STICKY][ROM] nvflash FULL restore, using bekit's original image (Instructions) - xda-developers instructions:

"Again, for Windows: Run this script which is in the "NVFlash" folder:

nvflash_gtablet.bat

This will wipe the device back to
bekit's original TnT stock image except for user data, which is retained. Should
take about a minute to run and the device will reboot itself automatically all
the way to the main screen."

My error looks like this and this is the file i tried to run. i also tried nvflash.exe, but that didn't seem to do anything:

$nvflash error.jpg

what am i doing wrong?
(thanks!)

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2011
OK, i didn't realize that i had to combine the files from the two folders. i combined to one folder, then ran "nvflash_gtablet.bat", but now i am getting the following error:

$NVflash error 2.jpg

any ideas now?!
(thanks)

Aug 5, 2011
me again. i deleted all the installation files and downloaded them all again from scratch. that seemed to work to install the original operating system, but now my gtab just cycles through the 3 birds screen, to the gtablet screen, then to black (off), and then over and over and over.

i tried power button plus volume + so see if the previous owner had clockworkmod installed, but apparently not. i got the triangle with exclamation mark, and then powered itself off again.

any help on what i can do next? i read somewhere i'd have to get an sd card and install clockworkmod and repartition the gtab and then reinstall nvflash. would something like work (not that i'm looking forward to trying to figure that out, lol)?

thanks!

Rags

May 22, 2011
The NVFlash instructions also contain the command line that you can run to install Clockwork Mod via the same interface. I have never had an error with it before though so hopefully some of the more experienced users can chime in with their guidance...