[Rom][Howto] VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1 . . The most popular Rom for gTablet

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Yes, let us know. People were saying that they reset it in English, even if it was set in English.

Dave

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Yes, that did the trick..mine was set to english, just not the correct one.
Thanks,
David

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Edit 8/27/2011

Latest release from gojimi:[BL1.1] [BL1.2]VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition v7.1.0 [UPDATED - 8/27/11]
[ROM][BL1.1] [BL1.2]VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition v7.1.0 [UPDATED - 8/27/11] - xda-developers

Note: make sure to read carefully the main page above. This is not an ordinary release. Many changes and upgrades were implemented that normal tweaks may no longer advisable. There are two versions, for 1.1 and 1.2 bl. Be sure to use the right one for your device.

This rom has been my favorite for a long time.

Dave

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Edit 8/27/2011

Latest release from gojimi:[BL1.1] [BL1.2]VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition v7.1.0 [UPDATED - 8/27/11]
[ROM][BL1.1] [BL1.2]VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition v7.1.0 [UPDATED - 8/27/11] - xda-developers

Note: make sure to read carefully the main page above. This is not an ordinary release. Many changes and upgrades were implemented that normal tweaks may no longer advisable. There are two versions, for 1.1 and 1.2 bl. Be sure to use the right one for your device.

Dave

Good news Dave. Thanks for the info. I will look into this when I get back to the house.

sent from my FlashBack 7.2 Gtablet using Tapatalk

ssaammyy

Aug 28, 2011
Hey, i just got my gtab, and i was wondering if i can do this straight from stock or do i have to NVFlash it first?
thanks.............

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Hello All,
I downloaded the latest version and installed it yesterday ( sun.) , first I performed a backup using titanium backup. As it turns out..I probably didn't need to do so, I have a folder titled ROMS installed in the root folder of my gTablet. All I did to install this updated version zip file was to boot into clockworkmod recovery, select the install update zip from a list option, I of course chose the newest version I had downloaded, I was notified that it was installing. I was then notified the update had completed, the I went back to the main menu and just chose the re-boot option. It then installed the new version..at first I thought something had gone wrong, because on the welcome screen, down at the bottom right hand side of the page, it still showed version 7.0.0, but when I went into settings..about tablet it did in fact show the correct version 7.1.0 . So far...I'm really liking it.
David :)

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Hello All,
I downloaded the latest version and installed it yesterday ( sun.) , first I performed a backup using titanium backup. As it turns out..I probably didn't need to do so, I have a folder titled ROMS installed in the root folder of my gTablet. All I did to install this updated version zip file was to boot into clockworkmod recovery, select the install update zip from a list option, I of course chose the newest version I had downloaded, I was notified that it was installing. I was then notified the update had completed, the I went back to the main menu and just chose the re-boot option. It then installed the new version..at first I thought something had gone wrong, because on the welcome screen, down at the bottom right hand side of the page, it still showed version 7.0.0, but when I went into settings..about tablet it did in fact show the correct version 7.1.0 . So far...I'm really liking it.
David :)

Good to see you got it going. Let us know how it goes.

sent from my Brilliant Corners Gtablet using Tapatalk

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I just fired up this ROM a few hours ago... I like it. I've always liked the GingerBread ROMs. I just had too many issues with the others. It seems to me that Gojimi has really done his homework. I flashed Clemsyn's kernal (for personal reasons) and no issues. No SOD issues to report, ROM is fast and smooth. HD playback through MoboPlayer is working at 1080p for me. No compliants. Running the recently updated version of this OS.

sent from my VEGANtab GingerEdition 7.1.0 Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Ok, got off that crazy train... HD video is jumpy. Not fun.

sent from my Stockish 5274 running Clemsyn kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk

wolverine0712

Aug 21, 2011
I'm having some issues. I downloaded the files to my laptop and when I attempted to move them to my tablet, it won't let me put ClockworkMod into the Root folder. Am I doing something wrong?

Sep 14, 2011
I need a little help. I can't get Clockworkmod v08 started. I installed it from the internal memory. But i cant get it to start. I am running bootloader 1.2, could that have anything to do with it?

Sep 14, 2011
nvflash it first. your going to mess up sooner or later, if you nvflash it and figure out how this works, resetting it to original factory settings is a breeze. saves you from tearing out your hair when this doesn't go so smoothe

HOGGDOC

Sep 20, 2011
Edit 8/27/2011

Dave

I have the 7.0.0. of this ROM on my G-Tab now and am experiencing the Market issues. I have read a lot about the new ROM but am not sure its for me as there seems to be many issues. Is there a sure fire fix for the Market issue with the Google update and 7.0.0.? If so what would be the link to the explanation?

Thanks is advance.

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
I would like to upgrade to RC 7.1 from 7.0 since my market no longer works. Still on 1.1 bootloader. Anyone have an opinion if I should upgrade to the 1.2 bootloader?
Thanks - Dan

Redbot

Oct 21, 2011
I bought second g-tab as a back up to my pc, my first g-tab is running the honeycomb 3.0.3 beta. I plan to use first g-tab as test platform. I put the RC 7.1 on the second g-tab because of it stability, but the email app during setup gives me a force close box when I click on next at the color setting page, is there a work around or do I need to download a newer email app. Thanks Mac