Haipad M701-R USB Functions

S87

Oct 10, 2010
So what can we do with the M701-R USB port?

USB Memory Sticks work.

A Logitech laser mouse works. (Cursor shows up on the screen)

My Logitech USB joystick didn't work.

What other USB devices function on the M701-R?

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
So what can we do with the M701-R USB port?

USB Memory Sticks work.

A Logitech laser mouse works. (Cursor shows up on the screen)

My Logitech USB joystick didn't work.

What other USB devices function on the M701-R?

Ive done multiple usb keyboards which can be handly for emails

Ive tried 2GB, and 4gb flash drives all content accessable through the file exploror

Im curious, to see if this tab can be used as a tablet for photoshop? i know for a fact the ipad can work using 3rd party software

S87

Oct 10, 2010
Ive done multiple usb keyboards which can be handly for emails

Ive tried 2GB, and 4gb flash drives all content accessable through the file exploror

Im curious, to see if this tab can be used as a tablet for photoshop? i know for a fact the ipad can work using 3rd party software

There's no way to use a file larger than 4GB, is there? I tried NTFS and it wasn't recognized.

S87

Oct 10, 2010
Forgot one more-my USB hub did NOT work. Anyone else get a hub to work multiple USB devices?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
What has worked:
Flash drives (FAT 32 format)
External Hard Drive (mounted my external enclosure w/ a 20 GB drive formatted FAT 32 with no problem)
Powered Stereo Speakers
Keyboard
Logitech Optical Mouse

What hasn't worked:
Microsoft Optical Mouse (crashed tablet, caused endless rebooting until I unplugged the mouse)
Gravis Joystick
Wacom Intuos Tablet
Wacom Intuos 3 Tablet
(Tablets LEDs come on, change color indicating input from pen or mouse, tablet ignores them)
USB 1.1 Hub (tried two different ones)

froes

Nov 4, 2010
has anyone successfully installed a USB bluetooth that works???

would love to sync with my mobile to connect to the internet and sync my gps from the mobile too.

anyone was able to do this ?
cheers

goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
What has worked:
Flash drives (FAT 32 format)
External Hard Drive (mounted my external enclosure w/ a 20 GB drive formatted FAT 32 with no problem)
Powered Stereo Speakers
Keyboard
Logitech Optical Mouse

What hasn't worked:
Microsoft Optical Mouse (crashed tablet, caused endless rebooting until I unplugged the mouse)
Gravis Joystick
Wacom Intuos Tablet
Wacom Intuos 3 Tablet
(Tablets LEDs come on, change color indicating input from pen or mouse, tablet ignores them)
USB 1.1 Hub (tried two different ones)

why only fat 32 ??
have you ever tried linux games

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
FAT is the only format that can be read by Linux, Mac, and Windows. If you format a USB drive to EXT, NTFS, or HFS and plug it into an Android tablet it complains that the media is in an unreadable format, or thinks it's blank and needs to be formatted.

idimz

Nov 10, 2010
Help please with Haipad m701r. I cant find my mass storage in a file browser. It’d be somewhere, because I can see photos in Gallery application and notified usb mounted too. Please write the path to usb mounted flash (like /mnt/apacer)

closey2

Dec 26, 2010
Have just ordered a 16GB micro SD card for my M701. Is this going to be a problem as the booklet said that it will take up to 32GB.What is scsi directory. I also did not receive a warranty or certificate mentioned in the manual, from a company called SINADEAL, what are my rights as i'm not having a lot of success geting it to work. It is so different to windows platform. Can anyone help me.Is there anything on the web to explain all these terms, like what does rooted mean............ closey2

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
16 GB should work fine. There is a bug that causes issues with 32 GB on some Android devices.

"scsi directory" is a folder on your tablet. The name is a throwback to the old days when devices connected by something called SCSI (or "scuzzy" for short). Linux (Android is based on Linux) still treats some devices as if they were connected that way, even if in reality they are plugged in via USB. When you plug in a USB Flash Drive that is where you can find the files on that drive. SD card content can be found in the "sdcard" folder. You use a file explorer (just like you use Explorer on Windows or the Finder on Mac) to find and browse the folders.

Yes, it IS very different from Windows. It's actually different from Linux too, even though that's what it is based on. Touch interface operating systems work differently. You MIGHT be able to plug a regular computer mouse into your tablet (not all tablets can do this, and you need to use an adapter to go from regular USB plug to the mini sized one). If it works, though, you'll get a pointer on the screen - which might help you explore in a way in which you are more familiar using a computer.

"Rooted" means that the tablet has been unlocked/hacked so the user has complete and total control of the device and access to all the files (i.e., they are now a "superuser"). Normally Android devices ship in a "locked down" state where the only files you can change are either in the internal storage (often called "nand" storage because the files can be found in a folder named "nand") or on your SD card or USB Flash drive. The actual system files of the operating system are "locked" so normal users can't do anything to them that might "brick" the device ("brick" means the device won't boot up and can't be used - as in it's no more useful than a brick). When someone "roots" their tablet they remove the "lock" and can change system files and run certain applications ("apps") normal users cannot. However, if you don't know what you're doing on a rooted device you can easily accidentally send a bad command, delete a critical file, or run a malicious app that can damage critical files - resulting in a "bricked" tablet. This is exactly WHY the devices ship in a locked-down state - to prevent average users who don't know the inner workings of the operating system from rendering their device useless.

Hope that helps clear things up ;)

closey2

Dec 26, 2010
Have just ordered a 16GB micro SD card for my M701. Is this going to be a problem as the booklet said that it will take up to 32GB.What is scsi directory. I also did not receive a warranty or certificate mentioned in the manual, from a company called SINADEAL, what are my rights as i'm not having a lot of success geting it to work. It is so different to windows platform. Can anyone help me.Is there anything on the web to explain all these terms, like what does rooted mean............ closey2
Many thanks Offworld for this explanation.

leomick

Dec 27, 2010
Hi,
My usb doesn't work either,my android tablet only recognises its own internal sd,am I missing something here?
Mick.[leomick] Lincoln,UK.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Hi,
My usb doesn't work either,my android tablet only recognises its own internal sd,am I missing something here? Mick.[leomick] Lincoln,UK

Not all tablets have "USB Hosting" available. Even when they do you're only likely to get USB Flash drives, Keyboards, or Mice to work because Android doesn't have device drivers for much else. Also, some tablets have TWO usb ports - but only ONE of them can be used with devices.