Handwriting recognition not working

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
I have a Samsung Galaxy note 2 10.1 tablet and can't get the handwriting recognition to work.
The keyboard in the manual looks different to the keyboard on the screen as I am missing the handwriting recognition and the text by voice keys on the keyboard.
i was wondering if this has changed with updates in the operating system. I am using version 4.0 of the operating system and there appears to be no updates when trying to update it.

Have other people had problems with this handwriting feature or is there some setting I need to change to get it to work?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Are you running ICS or Jelly Bean? There are some diffetences with the keyboard.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
Are you running ICS or Jelly Bean? There are some diffetences with the keyboard.

The version of the operating system on my tablet is 4.0.4 is that the same as the version on your tablet?
if I try to update by going to setting, about, update. It tells me that there is no update.

Do you have the option on your Samsung keyboard to use handwriting reconition?

i have options for changing properies in for the handwriting reconition so I'm thinking that I should be able to use this option.

Maybe with the software updated Samsung decided that this should be a feature only be on the Note tablet.

So what I need to know is if anyone else the has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 tablet then can they use handwriting recognition?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I misunderstood, in your original post you mentioned a Galaxy note 2 10.I tablet, I'm really not familiar with the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
I misunderstood, in your original post you mentioned a Galaxy note 2 10.I tablet, I'm really not familiar with the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Sorry I seem to get those mixed up. I posted this message in the Galaxy tab 2 10.1 forum as I have that type of tablet.

i have now solved the problem by holding down the * on the keyboard I get the option to choose handwriting. Before I was just taping this key rather than holding it down.