Hard-Bricked MSI Windpad Enjoy 10" Plus (R29)

spilot

Feb 20, 2013
Background:
I flashed my tablet with a ROM that was made for Enjoy 10", not Enjoy 10" plus.
Prior to me foolishly flashing, I was able to get into the 'flashing mode' by holding Power+VolUp+Reset.

Here's the official link for my Enjoy 10" Plus tablet
Here's the ROM's thread that screwed me
My old thead on xda that I've given up on

Problem:
Tablet's buttons no longer respond or light up. Only Power and Reset buttons responds.
Tablet immediately turns off after 2 seconds after powering up. (More detailed: I press power for a second, it vibrates, logo appears, logo disappears, black screen for 2 seconds, tablet turns off).

I'm able to keep it on ONLY IF I hold Power+Reset buttons forever. (More detailed: I press power + reset, black screen [no logo] and will stay black)

Stuff I did:
On Windows 7 x64 w/ flashing drivers installed, normal usb drivers installed, Android SDK installed:
Plug in tablet using USB, hold Power+Reset. Result: https://i.minus.com/iBXgLb8AZ9wu2.png

On Ubuntu 12.10 x64 w/ Android SDK :
$ adb devices: shows nothing.
$ lsusb -v: spilot@spilot-pc:~$ lsusb -v Bus 007 Device 003: ID 04b3:310d IBM Corp. Cou - Pastebin.com
$ tail -f /var/log/syslog: Feb 20 22:04:42 spilot-pc kernel: [ 2110.204033] usb 3-1: new full-speed USB dev - Pastebin.com

Note: All I know is written over here, I know nothing more. If you've got any suggestion or a tool that I might try, please post about it. I'm kind of desperate. Or is there really no way out and I have to go to a shop?

I'm going to sleep for now, I'll check in tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

spilot

Feb 20, 2013
UPDATE:
I've got it... kind-of working!
I was able to let the device boot into the ROM (but I cannot click on anything and the "physical" buttons on tablet don't work (search, home, settings, back)... only Power+VolD+VolU+Reset buttons work.

Not only was I able to boot it into the ROM normally, but I was able to boot it into the Android Recovery Mode (v1.3.38) using Power+VolUp. I was able to change selection using Volume controllers but I cannot click "enter" or "cofirm" on selectio because home button doesn't give any response nor any other button. I've literally tried every button to 'enter' on the selection but nothing happened.

So TL;DR I want to click on 'Update from SD Card' from the Android Recovery but I couldn't get the 'home' button to click enter on the selection. So what's the solution?

Here's the $ tail -f /var/log/syslog: Feb 21 16:42:24 spilot-pc kernel: [ 193.176898] usb 1-1: New USB device found, - Pastebin.com

Help, please. Thanks.

Last edited:

Apank

Aug 30, 2013
im same is a problem, hardbrik,,,cek my hadwer ic power very2 hot when i hold power...help solusi