Has anybody been able to enable Hulu for Acer Iconia?

tinnsbuddy

Jun 23, 2011
Hi guys! I am a new owner of the Iconia and am still in the experimental and learning stages. I looked around on the web to see if anybody has been able to access Hulu on their Iconia. No luck so far. Let me know if you have been luckier than me!

Cheers! !

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

skinnyg

Jun 16, 2011
I have been looking myself. Thus far nathin..

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

zakandsara

Nov 29, 2011
Hi everyone!

I've only had my Iconia a500 for a few days, and it was absolutely killing me that I couldn't play Hulu on it.
I tried tons of different suggestions found online in forums, Youtube, and other help sites. None of them worked, and they all felt super iffy just downloading zip files from a random post!

But, I am watching Hulu right now on my tablet...here's how!

Download the app from the market called Flash Video Browser. It is $0.99 flat, a one time buy. It is designed by Daniel Lockard and has a 4.5 star rating. The app doesn't actually list which devices it works on, but I decided it was worth a dollar to try. Lo and behold!! It works on the Acer Iconia Tab a500!!!

You just open the app either from a shortcut on the desktop or from your apps list. It gives you four icons...Hulu, YouTube, College Humor, and Other. Just pick the one you want and it opens a simple browser. If you choose Hulu, it looks just like the site does on a desktop. The video loads quickly, has ads just like normal, and has pretty decent video quality. The ONLY downside is it doesn't appear to remember where you are if you get interrupted in the middle of a video.

If you can't tell, I'm pretty tickled that Hulu works with a dollar fix. =D

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
Will it work outside the US? Hulu doesn't allow non US IPs to access the site for streaming content. Maybe your fix overcomes that limitation.

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
I can confirm it works, but who knows for how long as Hulu likes to keep a tight grip on their content.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

Crashman

Jan 6, 2012
I downloaded the Flash Video Browser by D. Lockhart, It works very well, I'm impressed.... The only thing is that the price went up to 1.99... It must be getting more popular, I just hope If the ACER A500 get the Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 update that is supposedly to happen sometime this month. That it will still Work....... We'll See.. Wish it had more video apps included.. I have to play with it more.. Wonder if it will work with HBO GO Also?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Someone on a different thread said you can open Hulu though the Dolphin HD browser. I haven't tried it yet.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Some member suggested over at nook to install Flash video browser, I did it on my Samsung note and Hulu works.

Samsung Galaxy Note

Jan 16, 2012
Tried the desktop mode, but that didn't work for me. Also tried Dolphin and it didn't work.
huh... not sure then. do you have java installed? try skyfire as the browser, if that doesnt work than there has to be something disabled on your tab. just to be clear, you are trying to play through the browser and not an app, right?

crsprez2

Dec 4, 2011
I downloaded the Flash Video Browser by D. Lockhart, It works very well, I'm impressed.... The only thing is that the price went up to 1.99... It must be getting more popular, I just hope If the ACER A500 get the Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0 update that is supposedly to happen sometime this month. That it will still Work....... We'll See.. Wish it had more video apps included.. I have to play with it more.. Wonder if it will work with HBO GO Also?

I tried it with Transformer Prime, it work great and the price was $0.99 today on the "new" Play Store. Thanks all for finding and testing.