Has Ployer ever made Momo11 Bird tablets *without* IPS screens?

intracube

Dec 9, 2012
Hi,
I've just received one and it doesn't appear to have an IPS panel (contrary to the online product description) because of the narrow horizontal viewing angles, particularly viewed from the right.

The outside packaging has both Momo11二代 (translation: "second edition") on the sleeve and MOMO11小鸟版 (tr: "bird edition") on the box lid and underside. Here's a pic of the back of the box:
$ployer_momo11_bird.jpg

The back of the tablet itself names the processor as a RK3066.

*All* the online product descriptions I've seen for the tablet say it has an IPS screen. Surely if Ployer made non-IPS variants there would be some evidence of this?!

gerrymoore

Aug 12, 2012
Hi...I did read on one of the forums that Ployer produced some tablets without IPS screens for OEM sellers...looks like you may have got one. Does your screen support 10 touch points,,,this may prove it one way or other......... although I'm not even sure whether the non IPS has 10 touch anyway? Worth having a look on GOOGLE for the thread I saw...not sure where it was as I read so many before buying my new MOMO Speed from Ebelking to replace my MOMO Bird. Good luck with it................