Hasty Decision - Bought 2 Tablets - Which one should I keep?

mmaggio

Sep 5, 2011
Hello,

I have a history of making hasty impulse purchases, attempting to save money but end up spending more. I know I made a mistake with these purchases, please don't point out the obvious :) This all started with the HP Touchpad firesale. I convinced myself I did not need a tablet so much that when the sale started I strictly told myself no, but after watching the mass of people flood stores I regretted not joining the crowd and found myself missing out, so I began looking at other tablets.

I really wanted the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, the only thing holding me back was the price. Nonetheless I swallowed the bullet and went and bought one yesterday. After playing with it it became a double edge sword. It was really a pleasure to use but the fact that at the end of the day I really have no necessity for a tablet but to have fun with it.. over $500 is a lot of money just to have fun with a gadget.

Knowing I could return it to the store I bought it at within a couple of weeks I then pursued a Touchpad and got my hands on one for $200. I am definitely going to put Android on it when it becomes available.. but its only Gingerbread which doesn't look as great on a tablet. And who knows if they will ever complete it? After all, these are regular people with families they have no obligation to do so.

If you had both tablets in your hands, with cost in consideration, which one would you keep? Of course the obviously better tablet is the Tab 10.1.. but keep in mind there is no dedicated reason for owning either tablet.

Thanks!

hdmp4

Sep 2, 2011
If I were you, I would sold the one that will get the most amount of money. In your case, that seems to be the Galaxy Tab 10.1

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'd keep the Touchpad. Everything I've seen says they will have Android for it. If not, it's still a great deal.