Have you got problems with Micro Sd 32 Gb ???

zaniche

May 27, 2012
Hi,
I have an ACER A500.
I read that someone has problems with Micro SD 32 Gb.
Is it true or not ??

Is better to buy one 16 GB ???

Thanks

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
No problem with 32GB Micro SD card, As long as you have version 7 and above. Most cards of reasonable quality are at version 10. Some have 64GB and are working fine.

zaniche

May 27, 2012
No problem with 32GB Micro SD card, As long as you have version 7 and above. Most cards of reasonable quality are at version 10. Some have 64GB and are working fine.

when you say "version 7" you mean Class 7 and above.
If I have understood Micro Sd 32 Gb Class is working good.
Isn't it ?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
You should have no problem using a class 4 or higher Micro SD card. Also SD and SDHC will both work fine. If you plan to use the card in a PC, get a card that comes with an adapter that allows you to use it in a full size SD slot unless the PC accepts Micro cards.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
when you say "version 7" you mean Class 7 and above.
If I have understood Micro Sd 32 Gb Class is working good.
Isn't it ?
Yes that is what I meant.

There was one case where the SD CARD didn't work which was due to either the micro SD slot being faulty or the card not being formatted correctly. This is very rare.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Many discussion on speed and the general consensus is that you will only get class 4 speeds so you might as well save the money and buy a class 4 card. No problems with the Sandisk class 4 32GB card I installed in my a500.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Hi,
I have an ACER A500.
I read that someone has problems with Micro SD 32 Gb.
Is it true or not ??

Is better to buy one 16 GB ???

Thanks

I also have a 32 gig SD, class 10. No problems with it at all. I know your inquiry wasn't asking about costs, but prices are really reasonable for the 32 gig now if you just look around and buy from a reputable seller. There's been lots of problems with some ebay specials. I paid about $44 for mine.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
Guys you can use a class 4 in these things and probably lower with no problems.
The only diff is transfer times.

I have no idea where you got this "no lower than class 7" silliness from, honestly.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Who said something less than class 7 can't be used. Some of us just prefer to use a higher class that all!

besides if one is into photography and has good equipment, you need to use something with class 10. Higher speed transfer from CMOS sensor to memory card - if you get my meaning.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Higher speed cards draw more power. My DroidX works with class 2 and 4 cards, but not any faster class cards *reliably*.
PCs don't have to worry about supplying power, since they are always connected to AC.
Not sure about tablets.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Try using that on a nikon or canon DSLR with continuous shooting. After the 3rd or 4th shot the camera with stop. That is why I use class 10.

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I have no doubt that high-end DSLR cameras need high speed cards.
I don't know of any tablet that can do continuous shooting like some DSLR cameras can.
But if a class 10 card works fine in a tablet, it would be good to post the exact card model and tablet model, so others can choose that combination too.

For the record, when I switched from a SanDisk 16GB class 2 card to a SanDisk 32GB class 4 card, I did not notice any speed improvement in shooting pictures from my DroidX.
Benchmark tests indicated it was a faster card though.

A Centon 32GB class 4 card (that qualified as a class 6 by benchmark test standards) would work *for a while* in the DroidX, before becoming read-only.
That card worked flawlessly in a PC.

Last edited: