HDMI ports on tablets

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
I am curious, are the HDMI ports on most tablets standard size? I have heard about a mini version but not sure.

I bought an apad 710 and am wondering if the standard cord will work?

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I think most of them come with the Type C HDMI Mini jack (takes a plug 10.42 mm × 2.42 mm). There is also an even smaller Type D jack, but I haven't personally seen it on anything. My M701-R came with a cable with a Type C mini plug on on one end and a regular Type A HDMI plug on the other.

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
ah ok thanks for letting me know. I am glad I didn't buy a cable yet.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Looks like the cable that came with my Haipad. Based on photos I've seen of the Apad 710 the small plug looks correct. If you know what TV you'll be connecting it to just verify that it is using that Type A connector (it probably is, Type B is uncommon, so that cable should work with most HDTVs that have HDMI ports).

j16904

Mar 10, 2011
kinda of a noob qestion but my eglide got hdmi and i got the coordthat camewith it bt i cant seem to get it t work with my hdtv ill plg both end in to each and get nothing can some one tell me how to get my eglide working on my hdtv?

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
Did you make sure to switch inputs to the HDMI you are plugged into?

j16904

Mar 10, 2011
yes deffinately even check all the other inputs thought maybe there was a setting or something to se the hdmi output

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Just plugging the cable in doesn't automatically switch it to HDMI output. You need to go into the "Settings" for "Display" and change the output to HDMI. There should be another setting as well for the HDMI resolution. It is typical for the tablet's screen to go blank while playing videos through HDMI output.

When it comes time to switch back you'd be looking to set the output to "None" (not "Composite" if it is in your list of options).