Hello and Help!!

debbie74

Oct 10, 2011
Back in August i went into PC world to buy a Ipad... but after speaking to the guys i was told the Acer Iconia A500 tab was the better option.... how wrong! we are now in October i am still struggling to get movies onto the tab! ive downloaded rebooted and still it wont do it? im just about ready to bin the thing. Even after numerous downloads of apps they wont show or i cant find them.....wish id have stuck with apple :mad:
im giving this forum and the help of you guys one last chance before i sell this waste of space item!!

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Debbie, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems with your A500. I'm going to move your post to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum section of the forum. When they realize the honor of their favorite tablet is at stake, I'm sure someone over there will help you out.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Well with a little searching you will find a number of threads dealing with movies, where they are on tablet and how toget them to play.
there are threads on which apps are best.
All the information you need is already here somewhere.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Back in August i went into PC world to buy a Ipad... but after speaking to the guys i was told the Acer Iconia A500 tab was the better option.... how wrong! we are now in October i am still struggling to get movies onto the tab! ive downloaded rebooted and still it wont do it? im just about ready to bin the thing. Even after numerous downloads of apps they wont show or i cant find them.....wish id have stuck with apple :mad:
im giving this forum and the help of you guys one last chance before i sell this waste of space item!!

One thing that will probably help, useing a file explorer {I suggest ES File Explorer, free from the market} just navigate to the movie you want to watch and click on it, it will give you a choice of the apps you have installed that can view the movie file, choose one and you should be good to go.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011

Debbie74,

As suggested your need to go to the android market and dowload ES FILE EXPERT which is a browser. After that Another app that I suggest is to download MX PLAYER and the MXPLAYER CODEC ARM7V... this will allow you to watch HD movies in 1080p on your A500.

However certain formsts like the windows .wmv and .wma I believe can't be played.

The A500 is much better than the iPAD2.

:eek:

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
And if you're attempting to play movies you've purchased though iTunes or amazon... they simply will not play. ITunes specificly uses a digital rights management (DRM) scheme that prevents all but iTunes and I* devices from playing them.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Well I think that knowing which format of movies are you attempting to play will help in order to provide the best option to you. In my case, I have a bunch of MP4 with subtitles for the kids so I use mVideo Player and it is great; it also allows you to select the size and position of the subtitles.

I do have an iPad and the Acer Iconia A500 and I just hated having to delete one or two movies in order for new ones to fit. With the Iconia I only copy and paste into my external SD card and that's it. I carry around a 8GB SD card with some movies for my 7 years old princess and a 16GB SD card with some Two and a Half Men episodes for my airport/plane time. For sure, not being obligated to go back to iTunes every time I want to copy a movie or new music is just amazing when you have to spend half of your life traveling.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Typical drive-by flame post extolling the virtue of the iPad and then disappear.

With exactly one post to "her" name "she" is off the grid and doesn't respond to anyone.
The intent was never to get help. The intent was to troll the forum with an an iPad advertisement.

Desso

Jul 18, 2011
Typical drive-by flame post extolling the virtue of the iPad and then disappear.

With exactly one post to "her" name "she" is off the grid and doesn't respond to anyone.
The intent was never to get help. The intent was to troll the forum with an an iPad advertisement.

and using a girl's name gets all the technogeeknerds jumping.

debbie74

Oct 10, 2011
Excuse me I also work full time and don't always get online! I've managed to get four movies onto a external SD card but trying to save them on the device?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

debbie74

Oct 10, 2011
One thing that will probably help, useing a file explorer {I suggest ES File Explorer, free from the market} just navigate to the movie you want to watch and click on it, it will give you a choice of the apps you have installed that can view the movie file, choose one and you should be good to go.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Thank you I am going to try this app now, how do I save them to the device memory? I have four on my SD card?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

tumpy

Dec 15, 2010
debbie74, a simple way to get movie on the tablet, when tablet is connected to the computer it will show Internal storage if you have an sd card inserted it will show as sd card, you can copy and paste your movies in internal movies folder.. as for 3G i think you need the A501...

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I've managed to get four movies onto a external SD card but trying to save them on the device?

There's no need to put the movies on your device, in fact most people try to keep as much as possible off their device and on SD cards. Use the app to locate the movies and tap on them. They should play just fine if your SD card is a class 4 or higher and the movies are in a format supported by your device.