Hello - from digitalandroid.com - I am new and here to Help

Jun 15, 2010
Hi all,
I am quite excited to join the forum as it talks all about what I deal in – android based tablets, pc and others

I am happy to share my views, experiences and more if you have any questions.

I know every android or other tablet that gets released out of China, I test them and know how and where they get made and what the quality is all about.

I am here to help...for any questions because I buy them, sell them and offer support.
Don’t get scammed by cheap prices on eBay or other...there is a huge difference between what you buy and what you get.

Cheers
Sam

munloong

Jun 15, 2010
Hi Sam,
How much is the Android Tablet?
Can i re-install the Android (like windows) OS? to update the OS as i notice quite offen there are new version of android OS.

How can i write simple android apps and install it into the Android Tablet?
a) in the Android Tablet itself?
b) in a window base PC using the SDK and port over to the Tablet?

There are so many questions....
haha

Can you help me?
my name is munloong
email is [email protected]
I am from Malaysia, KL

Jun 15, 2010
Dear Moonlong.
Thank you for the questions they are very well thought of.
The Android 1.5 Tablet with Rock chip 2808 and dual chipset that gives it a 1.15Ghz clock speed cost USD199/- with express shipping.

- Yes you can reinstall the OS but not upgrade it or install any other OS - however it never hurts to experiment and its a window of opportunity for people like you.

- There are many tablets with android 1.6/1/7 etc that are used to woo customers- specially on eBay - but bottom line is I have tested all of them and most of them are crap because they run on VIA ARM processors + quality for the LCD touch screen is not good at all- so my answer on that is that don’t look at what android version it is - what you need to look at how stable the hardware is to give you that experience you want - not struggle with trying to get it to work.
Because the difference between 1.5 and 1.6 is extremely small- however the difference between 1.5 and 2.1 are notable
I am working on getting a android 2.1 tablet out from China in the next 2 months (priced around $225) but that will take some time as lot of work goes into making one of these perfect.

I do provide promising developers with the OS when they buy the tablets from me- so they can look at how its made.
I have a lot of designers who buy from me and also are in the work of designing apps for various industries - insight with my tablet.

I hope this helps.
Sam

Red

Jun 18, 2010
Hi digital,

Can you tell me if you have any tablets on the horizon with built-in GPS (your future Android 2.1 for example?).
Is the WCDMA protocol compatible with UK networks?

Cheers,

Red

timcrowell

Jun 20, 2010
Hi Sam I just bought a moo3 no real directions Android it keeps losing wireless connection from 5 ft.Well its all a lerning experiance.

dbjones

Jun 20, 2010
Hi,

I have joined the forum today as I am desperate to soak up as much information as I can about the Apad / iRobot Android Tablet using the Rockchip chipset.

I am from Australia and like many people I have bought a supposed Rockchip Android Tablet (Apad / iRobot) through e-bay. I chose a local Australian seller as the price didn't look to bad and I thought having a local warranty seemed like a good idea.

However, I am getting a little worried as the seller is offering 4gb and 16gb NAND Flash internal Memory. That sounded exactly what I wanted.

However, no other vendor or website seems to be offering similar internal storage.

Is anyone aware of any similar devices being available for sale?

Regards,

David

bcuzicn

Jun 22, 2010
Help! I just received my Google Android APAD and my computers can't seem to find the driver. I am running Windows Vista on one computer and Windows 7 on the other. I need the driver so that I can transfer files from my computer to the APAD and neither computer recognizes it.

sherrij

Jun 25, 2010
Hi. I just purchased an APAD M70003 series from an acquaintance yet, I don't really know how this works or what it really is. I was told that it functions like a laptop (without the bulk) so I thought that would be great for my daughter who's leaving for college this fall. Well, when I got it home, it just didn't seem to have all the features that I was told and neither does it seem to support any word processing. Also, the application store is in the Chinese/Japanese language. How can I switch that to English? Have I been had and if so, is there a way to fix this problem by adding some applications? Desperate for your help.

Last edited:

reikioz

Jul 10, 2010
Hi,
I have an M300 iPed and for reasons I don't need to explain, I did a factory reset. I now have no apps, keyboard or wireless. Can you help me with some information on how to get it working properly again?

Thanks,

Frank

kfreele

Jul 17, 2010
Hi Sam

I just bought a tablet in Hong Kong and brought it back to Australia to use. I am new to android land. The version of OS I have is 1.5, model number says SDKDemo and Kernal version is 2.6.25 rockchip ver 1.2.7 ruiguan. build number RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100512.140303.
Can you tell me what all this means? Can I upgrade, and how the firmware version?
There are several Chinese apps on it and how do I get rid of them?

Hope you can help.

Kevin

Jul 17, 2010
Dear Red,
try and check if WDCMA protocol is being used by VODAFONE, i know that they were introducing it in Australia.

For the GPS- there is a unit in the market that has a Samsung Chipset with a clock speed on 533- however i would suggest not to buy it because the hardware and the touch screen is not up to scratch.

Manufacturers will put in many features to bump up their sales- however its not worth the feature if it doesnt have the engine to do the work.

The Only Worth unit right now is the ROCKCIP RS1-PAD- its stable and quality.

The 2.1 is no due yet because the manufacturer is cashing in on the Rockchip 1.5 at the moment.

I hope this helps
sam
digitalandroid

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2010
Hi,
I have an M300 iPed and for reasons I don't need to explain, I did a factory reset. I now have no apps, keyboard or wireless. Can you help me with some information on how to get it working properly again?

Thanks,

Frank

dear Frank,
Contact me via my website and I will send you instructions on how to upload the firmware,
What has happened is you have done a factory reset- and this has erased the android platform.
I hope this helps
Sam
digitalandroid.com

Jul 17, 2010
Hi Sam

I just bought a tablet in Hong Kong and brought it back to Australia to use. I am new to androidland. The version of OS I have is 1.5, model number says SDKDemo and Kernal version is 2.6.25 rockchip ver 1.2.7 ruiguan. build number RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100512.140303.
Can you tell me what all this means? Can I upgrade, and how the firmware version?
There are several Chinese apps on it and how do I get rid of them?

Hope you can help.

Kevin

Dear Newbie ( nice name)
The Rockchip 1.5 is the most stable in the market however there are low grade copies available now, so thats a big issue.
The kernel verision is some thing like a edition- like a book with 1/2/3 editions- bug fixes.

You cannot upgrade this tablet, so please dont try as reformating this one takes time.
For the chinese apps, they are there by default.
Go to apps manager and uninstall what you dont need.
I hope this helps
Sam
digitalandroid.com