Hello - new Cruz Tablet owner.

Partenope

Nov 6, 2010
Hello from Central California (San Joaquin Valley). I just picked up the Cruz Tablet from Best Buy (so just joined here). Last week, Velocity had suggested that the tablets were in transit and Best Buy would likely have them first.

I don't know anything about Android. I'm a fairly knowledgeable PC user (my original IBM PC was serial number 3750, DOS, I installed my own hard drive), got an iPhone last year, and had watched my daughter do some things on the school Mac before that.

I bought my Cruz tablet as a lighter alternative to an iPad, larger screen alternative to my iPhone. Out in the world (and rural areas) I plan to connect through my Sprint 3G4G hotspot.

One thing I'd like to do (haven't researched it yet) is convert .wma files to something that works on the Cruz.

Glad to be here, and I'm looking forward to learning a bunch.

jlaubin

Oct 24, 2010
your tablet needs some more programs.. go to cnet/download/android look for slideme..its a market place like google market which cruz doesn't have.. From slideme, download alkido a book reader with lots of free books.
Movies..ive been told that divx movies play fine and lower quality mp4..max of 729dp1..you can buy movies already in divx format from moviedir.com..or rip dvd's that you own with magic dvd ripper (free to try)....something to play with

Partenope

Nov 6, 2010
Thanks again. My first download of Alkido didn't take, so as I noted in other posts, I've loaded Moon + for epub and other files, and Kindle for my Kindle Amazon files. I still have to discover how to read pdfs, prcs, and other files as I do on my Kindle III. I'll work on slideme of the upcoming week (and continue to report my findings back here for any other Cruz Tablet newbies).