Hello - ZTE X500 and DOPO MD-702

meowdura

Jan 4, 2012
hey I just got mine today still playing around with it. quick question...do i need to take the plastic off the screen? does it make a difference in viewing? if not i was thinking of just leaving it on there as a screen protector.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Tekgeek, congratulations on the new tablet and welcome to Android tablets. Glad you decided to join us as a member of the forum.

decowens

Jan 12, 2012
Hi guys,
Newbie here. I have just bought one of these and cannot find the answers for these questions before i take it back to ireland. I have the dopo md 702 tablet. Will i be able to buy apps and download them from the amazon app store when in ireland? also can i download the link above from turen for android market for dopo onto my tablet and then buy from android market in ireland???? I would appreciate any help as amazon wont reply to my queries.

decowens

Jan 12, 2012
Here is the link of Android Market for DOPO MD-702
Download Vending.apk for free on Filesonic.com
Copy to micro sd card and install it then you will have access to Android Market

Ok so im in ireland and amazon market is pretty hit and miss as to whether it will work over here. does the above link work to get android market on the tablet? If so is it just clicking the link above copying it to an sd card putting that onto the tablet and running it? im not the greatest computer whizz. Any help will be appreciated. The above post was informative but a lot of these want you to selsect your device and the dopo aint available to be selected.. any ideas

Thanks

tekgeek

Jan 6, 2012
Okay I got this tablet 1 week ago and found that I could connect to the amazon apps market but they wanted a CC for any transaction even if it were free, I didn't like that so I looked into getting the android marketplace installed, I had found another forums that stated the same thing just download the Marketplace apk file and it should work.... Well from what I have read and seen on my own tablet it will install and you can somewhat browse from it but you can not download anything it just gives you a force quit.

The other forum had mentioned that you do have to root the device to install market place and "interdpth" from that forum made up a script that you would run from windows while your tablet is plugged in which will root the device and install the marketplace for you.

location of the file
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12510094/DoubleRoot.zip

the only problem I have noticed so far from that is I can not turn off the tablet via the power button, it hangs on the shutdown screen and I have to use a paperclip to reset the device. I had found that I was not the only one who had that issue and someone had posted an app that can be downloaded for free called "Ubicoo's Shutdown App" which allows me to turn off the device and not worry about battery life.

I had never owned an android device before this but I am a huge computer user and computer tech, used Linux for years so I was in favor of android but was never in favor of spending huge money on a tablet, I found this for $150 and researched the little about it and found this page, waited for the OP to put in his take on the device and I went ahead and ordered it. So far I am real happy with it, here is some things I think would be useful for others

Wifi on/off app allows me to hit one button to turn off wifi
Ubicoo's Shutdown App quick way to shut down and shut down if you are not able to
wifi analyzer app - amazing how good the wifi is on this device
Dropbox app - I can just move files from any computer to this without having to hook up the usb
ES file explorer - I can connect to any shared folders/devices in the house and it allowed me to stream music/tv/movies from any shared folders
Samba Fileshare - allows my pc's to see the tablet so I can just drop stuff on it from anywhere
AndroidVNC - can remotely connect to any pc having an issue with disconnecting from a remote computer but I don't know if its me or the device I am talking to the developers
Rock player lite - allows me to play any type of video

for those of you familiar to Linux Go Launcher EX gives android a compiz fusion look and feel

enough of me rambling on

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Nice writeup tekgeek, should be helpful to others with the same problem.

meowdura

Jan 4, 2012
hey tekgeek, i've had the same force close issues after installing marketplace. can you give a step by step guide for newbies on how to root using ubuntu?

tekgeek

Jan 6, 2012
hey tekgeek, i've had the same force close issues after installing marketplace. can you give a step by step guide for newbies on how to root using ubuntu?

the same guy who wrote up the script for this stated this at the end of his post

"Run the .bat if you're on windows run the .sh if you're on mac or linux. Will install SU, Market, and Superuser.apk and some other tools most roots include"

so there you go it already has the ability to be run from either windows or linux

link to the thread [Q] dopo md702 7inch tablet - Page 3 - xda-developers

Nickovtyme

Jan 16, 2012
Hey Awesome, I just joined the forum. I've been searching around looking for more information on the dopo md702, so far it seems to be limited. I used the same program as tekgeek to get mine rooted and working market.

So far this is a nifty little tablet. Does everything I want it too.

Nickovtyme

Jan 16, 2012
I have since learned that the dopo md702 is an RK2918 based tablet.

I've been looking through the Rockchip forums but am still not finding much info.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Android Tablet Forum

Nickovtyme

Jan 16, 2012
Good to know Nick, thanks for the information.

Yeah, I was playing around with the build.prop the other night trying to see if there were anything I could tweak to make my wifi pick up better. That's where I came across the info.

Evidently the wifi is an issue with these tablets.

Last edited:

Nickovtyme

Jan 16, 2012
OK ...well I'm done. My USB port broke as I was plugging it in earlier. Now it won't charge.

I'm taking it back and can hopefully get my money for it.

Am gonna go look at other tablets...was nice while I had it though.