Help! Accidentally Formatted Internal Storage

bdutton

Mar 12, 2011
Hello, this is my first post here on this forum and I am currently using a rooted S7 BB-104 running the Indonesian Froyo. Rooting and upgrading to Froyo were achieved due to the excellent instructions found on this forum. Thanks to all who made that possible.

Anyhow, I tried to get clever and partition the internal storage via Easus Partition Manager to FAT32 and EXT2 so I could use app2sd without running out of space on the device.

As it stands now, the device does not recognize the internal storage. I can no longer take pictures (when I go into Camera, it says please insert SD Card), or use App2SD. Truthfully, it seems as if half of the functionality is now gone.

Thanks!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Your problem as you now realize is you tried to think of this as a PC/Windows device. The internal storage can be reformatted, but not with a PC based tool. I would suggest you will need to become familiar with Debug mode. You will need to acquire an Android formatting tool. Search over on XDA. The problem is the S7 internal storage as far as I am aware was not meant to be externally formatted. While you proved you can do it, it was not meant to be done.

Search for +Android +Debug mode +format +tool and you will find the solution

bdutton

Mar 12, 2011
Looking on xda, I'm not the only to have done this, and the solution requires resetting to the stock 2.1 rom. Does anybody know where I can find the original rom? It is no longer listed on Huawei's website under Support & Downloads

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Busybox is your friend, you can use fdisk

# busybox fdisk -l /dev/block/mdxxxxxxx

Suggest you read the man page first

Be carefull

Pete

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

bdutton

Mar 12, 2011
I've managed to connect to my computer via an ADB over Wifi widget. I do have some experience with Linux and working around in the file system. I know how to use busybox (I get the gist of it anyhow) but I am not quite sure where to go from here. When I type in "busybox fdisk -l /dev/block/mdxxxxxxx" it says fdisk can't open "/dev/block/mdxxxxxxx" no such file or directory. Do you mean going through each of the files found in that location one by one?

gotwake

Sep 11, 2011
if you can post how you get it straightened out, i would greatly appreciate it. i'm minorly retarded when it comes to some of this and i used partition manager as well (it's mentioned on a few pages for formatting a partition).