Help/Advice, Please: Is My Pad Repairable?

revcb

Apr 27, 2011
Hello all,

I have a FlyTouch II Variant II tablet, and I would like to know if there is any way to repair my tablet. I will describe as best as I can what happened.

I've had my pad for a while. Soon after I received the pad, I flashed it with Tims ROM 5a Beta (using the SD method, not the USB method). It worked like a charm, no problems what-so-ever. The pad was working just fine, then a few days ago, it froze up while loading a web page while I was using Xscope Browser Pro.

I was forced to do a hard shut down to get out. When I tried to restart the pad, it hung up when it got to the blinking cursor+android (like this: |Android). It wouldn't go any farther. So, I then tried to boot into recovery. When I did that, it got as far as the "Please wait. Loading Recovery Mode" lines, and then hung up there.

After repeatedly trying to boot up and boot to recovery without it doing anything else, I tried to re-flash Tim's ROM 5a Beta (using the SD method, not the USB method). It got as far as "Copying Files", and then hung up there for about 1/2 an hour before I gave up, the first time I tried. The second time I tried, it got only as far as "Creating Partition" and hung up there for a 1/2 an hour before I gave up.

I then tried re-flashing with Tims ROM 4(latest one). Same result: Creating Partition", then hangs there.

I'm guessing something got corrupted? If so, is there a way to "reformat" the drive or wipe it, and reload Android 2.2 clean? Is there anything else I can try or do to repair the tablet?

If any Android Guru or knowledgeable person can help me out or give me any advice, I would be most grateful

Thanks for your time! :)

P.S. Mods, please feel free to move if you think there is a more appropriate forum for my problem.

Last edited:

tornadoltd

Aug 16, 2011
You can ask someone to share dumped internal memory card, then copy raw image onto a destination card, put it back into your tablet and enjoy !

revcb

Apr 27, 2011
OK, I'm still new to the world of tablets. What, exactly do I need to do in order to accomplish this? Can just anyone send me an image? What kind of destination card do I need?

Sorry to ask so many questions. Like I said, I'm still pretty n00b to this. Thanks for your answer!! :)

mushmush

Sep 27, 2011
Hi Revcb,

I have got exactly same issue.
Did you manage to fix this problem?

Thanks and regards,

Daniel

Kairnage

Sep 25, 2011
You both probably have a corrupted internal SD. If you cruise around some other forums there have been a few reports of this lately. it would appear a batch got out of a factory with some bad partitions or internal SD. You should probably contact your reseller to get permission to open the pad or get a replacement.

If voiding the warranty doesn't bother you the fix is relatively easy. Open the pad and remove the internal micro sd. You can Google and find several good tutorials on opening the pad. Then Google and download Easeus to repartion the internal SD card. Just do one large FAT32. Easeus will also tell you if there is a problem with the card. if everything hecks out put the card back in the pad and flash normally with a stock or custom rom of your choice. If the card tests bad you can put any one you have handy in it's place.Also if it tests bad it is a good time to think about ordering a nice fat 32GB to install. Stick with Class 6 or higher.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
If you decide to open the tablet and replace the card yourself be very, very careful when you separate the front and back halves of you tablet. The ribbon cable for the touch screen is very thin and will break very easily if you pull too hard. And replacing just the cable is not really an option, you have to replace the whole screen. I still haven't gotten my screen replaced from when I broke it replacing my card. Good luck.