Help in tablet selection

cwbyflyer

Mar 26, 2012
Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and since my primary software that driving my need for portable computing was recently ported over to Android, I'm looking at getting a tablet in the near future. The app in question is a moving map GPS system for use in private airplanes (www.anywheremap.com); so, I'm looking for -

1. Internal GPS that doesn't need cell signals to get a position
2. Fairly good in sunlight - if it works in a car on a sunny day chances are it'll work in my plane
3. Screen size no larger than 7 inches in order to fit on the yoke
4. Builtin in Bluetooth
5. Car charger so I can keep it plugged in during flight (battery for emergency use only)

Things I don't necessarily care about -

1. Media players (not using this for entertainment, only navigation)
2. Battery life (going to be plugged in the majority of the time)
3. 3G - most of the airports today for WiFi

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and since my primary software that driving my need for portable computing was recently ported over to Android, I'm looking at getting a tablet in the near future. The app in question is a moving map GPS system for use in private airplanes (www.anywheremap.com); so, I'm looking for -

1. Internal GPS that doesn't need cell signals to get a position
2. Fairly good in sunlight - if it works in a car on a sunny day chances are it'll work in my plane
3. Screen size no larger than 7 inches in order to fit on the yoke
4. Builtin in Bluetooth
5. Car charger so I can keep it plugged in during flight (battery for emergency use only)

Things I don't necessarily care about -

1. Media players (not using this for entertainment, only navigation)
2. Battery life (going to be plugged in the majority of the time)
3. 3G - most of the airports today for WiFi

Thanks in advance!
Mike

Hi Mike, Aoson M12 matches most of your needs.

mamawm

Dec 24, 2011
Take a look at the Acer a100. It should meet all your needs. The only thing I'm not sure about is the screen, it's not great in direct sunlight. You just need to look at one and see how it feels to you.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet

cwbyflyer

Mar 26, 2012
Take a look at the Acer a100. It should meet all your needs. The only thing I'm not sure about is the screen, it's not great in direct sunlight. You just need to look at one and see how it feels to you.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet

Thanks! This is pretty darn close to what I'm looking for.

Does any one else have suggestions for either a unit with a brighter screen or one with a lower cost (orboth - trying to get approval from the keeper of the finances)?