Help! my Tab will not save chnages to settings/old owner's ID/ programme uninstalls.

ForeignGadger

Jan 18, 2012
~This is driving me crazy!!

I have bought a second-hand Tab and it
- refuses to save changes in settings,
- any uninstalled apps are restored on switch on,
- the previous owners details are restored, and
- I can't seem to make it forget its previous life.

I have tried uninstalling apps (main problems are Yahoo mail and messenger apps), after stopping them and deleting data;
- I have tried resets (factory resets from the settings privacy menu, and the button versions: all to no avail) .
- Even the weather app will not remember my new cities and re-displays the old one from the previous owner.
Skype also offers the previous owner's ID when rebooted.

I would appreciate some help from someone who knows what they are doing.
I have RTFM, and have had an HTC Desire for a year, so am not an Android newbie.
Regards

FG

ForeignGadger

Jan 18, 2012
~This is driving me crazy!!

I have bought a second-hand Tab and it
- refuses to save changes in settings,
- any uninstalled apps are restored on switch on,
- the previous owners details are restored, and
- I can't seem to make it forget its previous life.

I have tried uninstalling apps (main problems are Yahoo mail and messenger apps), after stopping them and deleting data;
- I have tried resets (factory resets from the settings privacy menu, and the button versions: all to no avail) .
- Even the weather app will not remember my new cities and re-displays the old one from the previous owner.
Skype also offers the previous owner's ID when rebooted.

I would appreciate some help from someone who knows what they are doing.
I have RTFM, and have had an HTC Desire for a year, so am not an Android newbie.
Regards

FG

Thanks for all your help guys.

FG

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
So far as I know the best way to remove glitches like this from the current install is to do a factory restore..
You'll find it in settings somewhere. This should rewrite the OS to factory original from a read only protected section of the SSD. That is unless this tablet has had a new ROM installed on it. That is, the original OS is no longer on it.
Doing this will wipe out all settings changes made to the tablet in favor of the clean install. You will then have to reenter all your personal information.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

ForeignGadger

Jan 18, 2012
thanks for your reply and taking the time for it.
As I said in my OP, I have tried all of that to no avail.
Regards

FG

christie27

May 25, 2012
thanks for your reply and taking the time for it.
As I said in my OP, I have tried all of that to no avail.
Regards

FG

I've had the same problem - bought my tablet off the floor (last one left) and it wont save any apps i've put on or even keep the timezone/date that is set. Did you find a fix to the problem? I also did both resets.

Thanks!