Old Tablet, New User

JasonPW

Apr 27, 2012
I have just inherited a GTablet (Android version 2.3.3, CyanogenMod 7, ARMv7 Processor, Build GRI40), I thought I was fairly tech savvy until I completely failed to delete the previous owners profile while following the onscreen instructions, involving a complete system reboot to factory settings. My primary purpose for this tablet is as an e-reader and supplement to my now weather tempremental PC however every e-reader app I try to install tells me it isn't compatible with this device. What can I do to install at least one of the major e-reader apps (Nook, Kindle, i-Tunes, GoogleBooks)? Other problems I am having involve being told my version of Flash is old and the new one is incompatible with the device. Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Anyy adobe 10 flash should be fine my old tab kept trying to update to 11 til I turned off auto update. As for e reader. I have fb reader and aldiko. Fb reader reads mobi like kindle but kindle app is crap. I think fb is much better, more adjustable , colour, font etc. Aldiko I like coz its simple and clear & also very adaptable, reads epub, pdf . These readers should do the job & I've never had problems downloading them.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

JasonPW

Apr 27, 2012
I am not sure I got fb to download but aldiko did, it's O.K. except it is missing the one author I must have so does anyone have any other suggestions for e-readers? I don't mind paying for books I just can't hold 1000 page tomes anymore, so I need a service that will sell Memory of Light by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson when it comes out in November.