Help- Trying to connect Samsung Tab 2 to Vga projector using wireless

davewenham

Jan 28, 2013
Hi Folks. Help please.

I am a teacher and I want to use my tab 2 as a wireless device so i can walk around the class while using things such as powerpoint. What I need is a way to connect to a vga projector being wirelessly to my Tablet. I know apple users can use a apple tv box; a hdmi cable to a converter box that thing as a cord that connect to a vga projector. I see Samsung has a Allshare Hub, but can this only be used for a Galaxy Note and Samsung S3?

Any help would be great. Cheers.

jimc3

Nov 5, 2012
Hi Folks. Help please. I am a teacher and I want to use my tab 2 as a wireless device so i can walk around the class while using things such as powerpoint. What I need is a way to connect to a vga projector being wirelessly to my Tablet. I know apple users can use a apple tv box; a hdmi cable to a converter box that thing as a cord that connect to a vga projector. I see Samsung has a Allshare Hub, but can this only be used for a Galaxy Note and Samsung S3? Any help would be great. Cheers.
I'm no longer teaching, but I investigated the same question when I was teaching and had a school-supplied iPad 2. The "solution" I found was being able to remotely control my teacher PC from my iPad, where my PC was connected to the projector. I was able to remotely control my PC from my iPad two different ways. 1. TeamViewer. 2. UltraVNC. In either case, the appropriate version of the software must be installed on the tablet and on the PC. Of the two I preferred TeamViewer. I personally did not use this solution because I used a wireless mouse to control the PC connected to the projector. I still use TeamViewer on my home PC to remotely control my mother-in-law's PC when she has problems and am very happy with it. She can see what I'm doing while I explain things over the phone. For Android tablets Google Play Store has "TeamViewer for Remote Control", but not UltraVNC. The Playstore does have other VNC apps. I have not tried any of these on my Android tablet. (Side note: One year I was in a classroom where we had wireless projectors, Sanyo WXGA PLC-WXU700A, and wireless tablet PCs, Fujitsu Lifebook T Series T4410. In theory we should have been able to walk around the room with the wireless tablet PC while displaying the tablet PC's screen with the projector. Unfortunately there were performance issues that were not solved during the year that I had that room. There was a long delay between what was done on the tablet PC and what appeared on the screen. Also, after a while the tablet PC got very heavy cradling it in my arm.) *** Don't know why this is strung together. Carriage returns are not producing the desired effect. ***

Last edited:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I agree with Jim,

I use Splashtop2 to use my PC's on my tablet. It is very smooth and will work to get your desired effect so long as you have the option to have a computer directly connected to the projector and have them both on a WiFi network in your room.