Telefunken 7J Settings Help Needed

BillAnd

Nov 14, 2011
Hello every one My name is Bill and I am trying to undo my good wifes misfortune. She has purchased a xmas present for our grandson, its a telefunken 7J tablet, in trying to set it up she has ended up with german as the language instead of english, can any one guide us through the the steps to rectify this. Thanking you Bill

BillAnd

Nov 14, 2011
Hi every one, We have a problem not only are we getting old but we dont know much about computers and such, My good wife has done a bit of xmas shopping for our grandson, she bought him a Telefunken 7'' tablet (tel7J). Being the good grandma she deceided to set it up, but didn't get far, somehow the language got changed from english to german and that was it. Not being able to read or understand german we are stumped. can any one guide us through resetting the language to english. Thanks Bill

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Bill, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. Glad you decided to join us as a member of the forum. I'm moving your thread over to the Android Tablet Q&A section where more folks will see it and hopefully help you out. Good luck!

kanga

Nov 15, 2011
Hi Bill,
For most android tablets, the language settings is under settings/language & keyboard/select language/english. You need a PC/Netbook or mobile phone with WiFi and internet browser access, to use Google Translate to search for any words you wish to translate.

Go to Google Translate and select first box from: to "German" and right box to: to "English". Enter German word and English translation will automatically show in 2nd box.

I have already searched the German names you should look for:
Step 1. "Einstellungen" (settings)
Step 2. "Sprache & Tastatur" (Language & keyboard)
Step 3. "Wählen Sie die Sprache" (Select language)
Step 4. "Englisch" or "Englisch (USA)" (English)
Instructions:
On your device home screen, touch the 16 square pixel application icon on right side of screen and this will open all applications on your tablet. Look for settings (Einstellungen) first and proceed through the list in order as above. With luck, you should be able to change back to English setting.

You may have to restart tablet, for changes to become permanent.
Good luck, kanga