Herotab M8

deathofkai

May 6, 2011
It seems that they will be getting new stock on the 10 July with the finalized version of 2.3 from what I've heard from a friend.

Anyone been able to test out the HD gaming (basically refering to the HD games from Gameloft). You may need to try different versions of the HD games before they work.
From what I've been told not all versions work on all Tablets. So it may just be a touch-n-go situation.

Also, please feel free to leave any reviews or other personal experiences on the Herotab M8 that some of you may have had.

Thanks.

vidavi

Feb 23, 2011
Anyone know why apps like foursquare and tripadvisor give me an "installation unsuccessfull" message? It happens only with those 2 apps, both from market and apk installation!
It drives me crazy. I even unmounted my sd card, reformatted it but same error message again and again?

Duncasi

Jun 30, 2011
@Vidavi: I tried to install tripadvisor but it gives me also an "installation unsuccessful" message. Foursquare I could not find and test.

[UPDATE] Checked with ADB and it says:
D/PackageManager( 2031): Scanning package com.tripadvisor.tripadvisor
E/PackageManager( 2031): Package com.tripadvisor.tripadvisor requires unavailabl
e shared library com.google.android.maps; failing!
W/PackageManager( 2031): Package couldn't be installed in /data/app/com.tripadvi
sor.tripadvisor-1.apk

Try to install Google maps first, I can't test it because Google Maps would't install, I played to much with my M8 :cool:
[/update]

Hopefully will the new factory firmware release (which should be released on July 15th) solve this problem too.

Last edited:

vidavi

Feb 23, 2011
Same here, talked to merimobiles for the new firmware, soon but not know exactly was their answer. I was hoping to have the new firmware before travelling for vacations this weekend...:(

Sent from my Herotab M8

Edit: In a russian forum there is a link for firmware v1 alpha as stated. I havent try it yet as i am still on vacation. Here is the link for anyone interested. Beware i havent tried it, use at your own risk.

narod.ru/disk/19630065001/1.0beta_fullcodec_4G.rar.html

Last edited:

Duncasi

Jun 30, 2011
Installed new firmware (1.0beta_fullcodec_4G.rar) for the Herotab/Sampad/Sinor M8.
Be aware of the filename mismatch in the update-ite.bat file,
change the line from:
fastboot flash recovery ramdisk-recovery-uboot-0705.img​
to
fastboot flash recovery ramdisk-recovery-uboot-1.0beta.img​

or rename the filename on disk to 'ramdisk-recovery-uboot-0705.img'.

Firmware files mentioned above (narod.ru) are the same as from this download place:
Sampad M8 - Downloads - Android Tablets Forum in this download there are also: Windows drivers and English/Chinese upgrade guide.

+ full market (no tricks needed)
+ TripAdvisor will install successfully
+ WiFi stable
+ Steering solved, Display in landscape, steering in portrait and vice versa. (For example with games like Alpine Boarder lite and Raging Thunder Lite)
+ Date/Time problem is solved.

- Youtube app v2.1.6: 'There was a problem while playing, Touch to retry' (Same account on desktop: ok, account on tablet using browser: Sorry this video cannot be played.)

Last edited:

zlochko

Jul 29, 2011
Installed new firmware (1.0beta_fullcodec_4G.rar) for the Herotab/Sampad/Sinor M8.
Be aware of the filename mismatch in the update-ite.bat file,
change the line from:
fastboot flash recovery ramdisk-recovery-uboot-0705.img​
to
fastboot flash recovery ramdisk-recovery-uboot-1.0beta.img​

or rename the filename on disk to 'ramdisk-recovery-uboot-0705.img'.

Firmware files mentioned above (narod.ru) are the same as from this download place:
Sampad M8 - Downloads - Android Tablets Forum in this download there are also: Windows drivers and English/Chinese upgrade guide.

+ full market (no tricks needed)
+ TripAdvisor will install successfully
+ WiFi stable
+ Steering solved, Display in landscape, steering in portrait and vice versa. (For example with games like Alpine Boarder lite and Raging Thunder Lite)
+ Date/Time problem is solved.

- Youtube app v2.1.6: 'There was a problem while playing, Touch to retry' (Same account on desktop: ok, account on tablet using browser: Sorry this video cannot be played.)

PANICKING (!!!)
Ok. I have downloaded the above package.
Installed the windows drivers succesfully.
Coppied the .dll files and fastboox.exe to C:\Windows\System32\
...and started the .bat file (in which I reviously corrected the wrong line).

And this is what I have:
Code:
C:\tablet\firmware_pack>update-ite.bat

C:\tablet\firmware_pack>fastboot oem mkptable
OKAY [  0.701s]
finished. total time: 0.711s

C:\tablet\firmware_pack>fastboot erase system
erasing 'system'...

... and it stays this way 10 full minutes right now... what should I do?

zlochko

Jul 29, 2011
It stayed that way for more then 20 minutes... :( I had to stop the process. Tablet was blocked. Used the reset button. Now when I start the tablet, only the android logo shows and hangs...
I desperately need some help here!

zlochko

Jul 29, 2011
Yes, indeed.

I finally managed to install the latest firmware and so I can confirm -- the GPS is not working.

I don't know about previuos firmwares since I started the upgrade process almost the minute I unpacked the device. :)))

Update!
1. I have downgraded to 0.9.9.6rc1 in hopes that the GPS will work (no luck)
2. Upgraded to 0.9.9, since merimobiles recommends that before 1.0beta installation (no luck again)
3. Upgraded to 1.0beta-fullcodec-4G (no luck....)

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Duncasi

Jun 30, 2011
Checked the GPS on my Herotab M8 (without 3G) and it found a fix in about 5-6 minutes.

Noticed:
- Volume buttons are reversed
- Flashing screen in sleep mode every now and then

Does anyone else had problems with Youtube to play videos?

Last edited: