Hey all ... Cube u9gt ers ...

Alcatraz

Dec 29, 2011
Hi everyone

My name's alcatraz and I am new around here. I'm into software development and am really interested into developing android stuff. Lately I got hold of a Cube U9GT from Beijing and I was a bit amazed that this tablet is unknown in Europe considering its specs. I also got hold of a Kinect. Am exploring how to make the two interact :) There's is a neat SDK for working with it both in .Net as well as in Java so I don't see any issues.

I am still a newbie when it comes to tablets and I would like to root this thing. I have seen some rar files around here but am still unsure how to go about doing it in order to root it. I have rooted smartphones before and I think that the procedure should be quite similar but I would really like to start a thread for this nice little baby and I would like to bring some updates to it. But I will need some support :)

First of all Rooting the Cube U9GT would allow me to put any android os on it ? Secondly does this mean that all the hardware within the tablet would be automatically supported properly? Well I will read on and hopefully start bringing up some european support for this thing.

Secondly is there a euro equivalent of this tablet which would basically allow u9gt users to flash this thing so that it is 100% localized to European regions? I do speak some languages but Chinese ain't my piece of cake :) (sorry guys) ... Would really appreciate any guidance ont he matter.

By the way if you have power supply problems for this unit, I found a good AC Adapter which fits this thing so just in case feel free to pm me for details. Whilst hoping to hear from the Cube U9gt ers. Feel free to contact me especially if you are into software / web app development :) we could get something cracking :)

Happy new year all
Al

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Al, welcome to Android Tablets. Glad you decided to become a member of the forum. I see you've already found the Rockchip RK2918 section and you're getting to know your fellow Cube U9gt ers already. Have fun over there and you have a happy new year as well.:cool:

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Congrats on the new tab, welcome to the forum.

Glad to have you here,
Cheers,
Peter

jahrasd

Mar 21, 2012
Big Up Al,

I just joined this phone today. I recently bought the OEM U9GT. Are the CUBE and OEM different? I would like some information on the AC adapter.

Thanks,

RAS

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi RAS, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I don't think Al will be coming back to this thread. The best place to ask any questions regarding the U9GT would be the Rockchip RK2918 Tablets forum. Just click that link and you'll be there. Good luck!