Hi, I Have Just Found This Site - Hooray!

Tarantella

Aug 15, 2016
I have a Zenithink with Android 4.2 and am constantly frustrated by the "insufficient storage" notifications when I try to download new apps from the Google Play Store and consequently having to uninstall others to make room. This is in spite of the fact that there is still 4.7 Gb of empty storage in the second internal storage area. I can't find a way to access that area and there is no option given to direct new apps to a particular area when downloading, although I can transfer those which will let me to the 32Gb external SD card. I will be eternally grateful to anyone who can help me solve this problem because it will make my tablet as useful as it should be. Otherwise I will be tempted to drop a brick on it very soon!

BoloMKXXVIII

Jul 27, 2010
Have you tried running something like CCleaner to remove unnecessary files from you device? Of course, you will have to make room to install CCleaner first...

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome - ATF (2)~01.jpg

Be sure to check out the Zenithink sub forums, for information on your particular device.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Tarantella, congratulations on your new Zenithink tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Zenithink Tablets forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

Tarantella

Aug 15, 2016
Have you tried running something like CCleaner to remove unnecessary files from you device? Of course, you will have to make room to install CCleaner first...

Thanks for the thought. I have used CCleaner on my laptop and tablet for several years and find it excellent but unfortunately it doesn't solve this problem.

Tarantella

Aug 15, 2016
Thanks Surya. I have tried these solutions many, many times. The fixes are temporary and are only useful for one download at a time. I have 4.1 Gb of empty cache on the tablet and 31 Gb on the SD card so to my mind I should not have any problems with anything.

Tarantella

Aug 15, 2016

Hi Bolo. Yes, that's the Catch 22 in the whole situation. With 4.1 Gb of internal storage and 31 Gb on the SD card, I find it incomprehensible that I have any problems at all. I have today uninstalled everything and reverted to factory settings then reloaded the apps I use - one for banking, and Facebook, Messenger, Gmail, and Words with Friends - and still I ran into storage problems so am at a complete loss to understand what is going on.