Home made charger for Huawei S7 + other devices

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
Upon looking at various chargers and adapters laying around my house, I stumbled upon a PSP charger. I looked at the volts and amps and they were exactly the same as the stock charger (5V 2A). I obviously have a PSP but I somehow found another PSP charger at my school and I was told I could have it seeming that no one really owned it.

One problem, the plug on the end is too big. Does anyone know a retailer in Australia that sells the right type of plug?

Another more ingenious solution could be to attach a USB socket to the PSP charger and connect a cable with the right adapter and use that. This might be a good option if you have multiple devices: USB Multi Charger Cable For iPod and iPhone NDSi PSP NOKIA etc - Free Shipping- - TopBuy.com.au

I think the 8210 connector is the right one, can anyone confirm that?

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
I have done some vigorous searching and have come to the conclusion that the Nokia 8210 has a 3.5mm plug, which is too large.

Sometimes I wish companies would just include plug sizes instead of making us search for hours for them. I have, however, come up with a solution: I can still get the multi cable mentioned above, but I could lop off an adapter that I won't use (e.g: the Nintendo DS/DS Lite ones) and then solder on the right plug from here: CONN DC PWR PLUG 0.9X3.2X9.0MM - PP-017. The inside diameter of 0.9 mm is right isn't it?

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
I just discovered a big hiccup in my plan, shipping outside of the U.S. for one of those plugs can be as much as $34 to Australia, possibly more elsewhere. Does anyone know another place to buy these plugs?

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
Ok, I've created the PSP Charger to USB adjustment and tested it with my Motorola V3x's USB charging cord and it works. All I need now is a USB cord with the appropriate sized pin.

thek135

Apr 19, 2011
I have found a very cheap Magellan Roadmate car charger which I have become aware fits the S7: Car Charger For Magellan Roadmate 800, 860, 2000 2200T | eBay. I don't need a car charger so I'm going to lop off the cord and the plug and attach it to one of the ends of the multi charger cable mentioned in the first post. From there it's a matter of covering the bare wires with heatshrink tubing.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Good to have the idea mentioned again!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Well actually everything has been mentioned before.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App