Home screen apps question.

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
Man, Zeam was what I was missing to make this thing usable. Instantly made the experience so much better. So can I uninstall Softkeys or is that still needed by Zeam?

You still need soft keys, or there is a better app for that called "button savior". Its posted here on the forums. Don't select zeam as your default though. you probably want to keep things un-defaulted.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You still need soft keys, or there is a better app for that called "button savior". Its posted here on the forums. Don't select zeam as your default though. you probably want to keep things un-defaulted.

i picked zeam as my default, but had home switcher installed to go to B&N home if I wanted... (I say had because right now, my NC is being reset to default...I must be a glutten for punishment)

Marek

Feb 1, 2011
On the same topic I am trying to use ADW.Launcher on my rooted nook. I got everything setup but once I drag an Icon to the home screen I cannot figure out how to remove the icon. I also added a few widgets and it put them in random locations and I can not rearrange them. Any advice on how to get rid of unwanted icons and move/re-size the widgets? Thanks!

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
On the same topic I am trying to use ADW.Launcher on my rooted nook. I got everything setup but once I drag an Icon to the home screen I cannot figure out how to remove the icon. I also added a few widgets and it put them in random locations and I can not rearrange them. Any advice on how to get rid of unwanted icons and move/re-size the widgets? Thanks!

To delete you click and hold a desktop item, and select remove, or drag to the trash can that appears at top of screen. You can also resize widgets by selecting edit. Click and hold on desktop items and drag while holding, you have to make sure the desktop is totally still. ADW is little touchy with longs pressing and moving.

*edit: if you long hold over trash can at top it will un-install item, so be careful. You can also change row and column sizes to 8x8 in adw settings to fit more items on screen.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
To move or delete an icon or widget you long press it (hold it until a trash can appears just above the n button). Once it long pressed you can drag it around the screen or to another screen. To delete the icon or widget simply drag it on top of the trash can which will turn red.

To resize a widget, trash it then long press a blank part of the screen. When it brings up the dialog box to add a widget you will be given the option of choosing the widget size.

Last edited:

Marek

Feb 1, 2011
Thanks for all the tips. I got adw setup just how i want it!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Thanks for all the tips. I got adw setup just how i want it!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

excellent...if you have any questions and can't find the answers in all the threads around here, don't hesitate to ask

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
I selected zeam as my default is there a way to unselect defaults. Thanks

sent from my rooted nook color

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You could install a home switcher app and can change default there...install a new launcher and that will re-prompt for which launcher you want, you can install button savior or soft-keys (which ever one you don't have)

There is also some setting screen somewhere, but I can never remember where it is.