How do I View my HDD thru my Acer Iconia A500 tablet,

lorichiz

Sep 17, 2011
I don't seem to be able to view my HDD thru my Acer, can someone please tell the steps I need to take... I have an Iconia A500, and a 1tb "my passport" HDD WD..... CHEERS

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
Your Tablet should be rooted and updated to 3.1.

Install from one of the ROM's so you can view files from your external HDD's and also install a File Manager application (choose the one that suites you).

Welcome to the Forum.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
+1 on the file manager.

Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
+1 again on the file manager - something like FILEEXPERT works well for me.

Didn't think you need to root your tablet for that. With the latest update to 3.2, for Honeycomb, has improved support for read only NTFS.

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
+1 again on the file manager - something like FILEEXPERT works well for me.

Didn't think you need to root your tablet for that. With the latest update to 3.2, for Honeycomb, has improved support for read only NTFS.

Think twice before updating to v3.2. I lose my root privileges after that.

Better search for the one with updating to 3.2 with root thread so you'll be saffe.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Think twice before updating to v3.2. I lose my root privileges after that.

Better search for the one with updating to 3.2 with root thread so you'll be saffe.
Question is:
Has he rooted his tablet?

And besides I could read 1TB before 3.2 came out. 3.1 did not have the unmount/mount ability. As far as rooting goes I don't think anyone has been able to do it to 3.2. There is a post that tells you how to make your tablet go back to 3.01 and then update to 3.1 with different ROM but the you never get 3.2 doing that..