How do you get Nook or Kindle Reader to load your ebooks??

opsguy

Apr 19, 2011
I searched but could not find any info on this.
I have a Coby MID7015 rooted. I have Nook reader and Kindle reader apps on my Coby. I have many ebooks in epub format but I cannot figure out where to put them so Nook or Kindle can open them?

I tried using Calibre but it does not recognize the Coby as being connected so I cannot load them on the device.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I use fbreader for epubs.
FBReader: FBReader for Google Android
It's not perfect but it works. Aldiko had too many error messages on boot so I deleted it. I did not find a way to use Kindle to read the epubs.
I keep my library on the sdcard. I use adobe reader for the pdf books.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
try finding the kindle app on your SD card and switching the books to that folder. Is there not a setting to import them in kindle?

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
The Kindle app only recognizes books in the Kindle format, txt, PDF, unencrypted mobi, and HTML. It's not compatible with epub. The Nook app is only compatible with books in the Nook format and a few others. Where did you buy your books? That will tell you what e-reader app you need.

Joex51

May 26, 2011
IF you have the Nook for android app you can side load epubs from other vendors, that is why I decided to use the Nook app over the Kindle.

Locate the folder named Nook on your SD card or internal memory, inside that folder there should be a folder call MyDocuments put your .epubs in that directory. then start up the nook app give it a minute or two to locate the books. If it does not find them. close the app and open it up again it should find your books.