how I got 4.2.1

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
goto settings, scroll down to 'about tablet' goto system update, click on check update

That would be the way to do it it if you didn't get the notification. Sounds like it's working OK. Good deal.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Why I'm not getting the upgrade? :(

Go to settings > apps > all and find CMClient. Tap it and tell it to clear cache and force stop. Do the same to DMClient then restart your TF. Then go to settings > about and tell it to check for update at the top of that screen. Wait at least 3-6 minutes to get a notification.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Why I'm not getting the upgrade? :(

What is your tablet model number, TF300T, TF300TG, TF300TL? So far, only the TF300T (not the G or L) have gotten the update.

Also, what is the tablet SKU (Settings - About - Build Number right after epad). Should be a 2 character code like US, CN, DE, WW, JP, TW, etc. Perhaps your SKU has not yet gotten the firmware update.

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
I can confirm that as well. The tf300t got the update and the the tf700. They recently announced that the tf700 is getting within the next week or so.

luv2blze

Feb 11, 2012
Also, when you do perform the update, I recommend that you back everything up and factory reset once the update is done. Once done, don't log into Gmail, or connect to the internet. Install your apps with a few reboots in between. Then connect to the internet, gmail etc. When you update your apps, do them a few at a time and reboot in between. The main reason I recommend this is to ensure that the device is running smoothly. Mine was running a little slow after the update so I did these steps as I saw them on another forum and it's really fast. Hope this helps