How I rooted my PD 8" Supernova DLX

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
First Download this zip archive and extract it to your sd card.

panditial supernova file pack
  • Step 1 This whole process requires an SD card. So if you dont have one, go get one.
    Goto Settings>SD Card & device storage settings
    Format SD card
    Goto Settings>Applications>Development — turn USB debugging on
    Plug the Mini USB into Tab and turn on USB Storage if it does not automatically prompt you.
    Copy the Gingerbreak-v1.20.apk file to your device (PD_Universe not the SD card.)
    Copy the folders (gtablet && extras) to your SD card.
    Turn off USB Storage and unplug the Mini USB.

• Step 2 Goto Apps>ES File Explorer
    Navigate to the PD Universe folder.
    Run the Gingerbreak app. Follow the directions and proceed to rooting.
    The device should reboot on its own when the process completes. If it doesnt. Reboot the Tablet and the root should have taken affect. If not repeat the root process.
    You can check to see if the device is rooted by making sure the SuperUser app is installed.

• Step 3 Now proceed to installing the market prereqs.
    Goto Apps>ES File Explorer
    Navigate to the SD Card>gtablet>app folder.
    Install in the following order.
    onetime initializer
    setup wizard
    google services framework.
    Gmail
    Talk
    Maps
    Now install Market.1.8.2
  • NOTICE
    Android Market 3.4.4 works but is extremely bugged. Very Likely to crash. not recomended at this time.
    Android Market 1.8.2 works great but will only show you approved apps. Non compatible apps will not display.
    Choose wizely.

• Step 4 Finally….
    DO NOT RUN THE MARKET YET!!!!
    Reboot the device imediately after the install completes.
    When the device reboots. Click the “use by default this action” ticker at the bottom and click “Launcher”.
    Go back to Settings>Applications>Development and turn USB debugging off.
Viola!

Now you can go back into Apps>ES File Explorer and install the goodies in the extras folder if you like.

Guide Taken from Onykage's Personal Sandbox

Last edited:

oldretiredman

Jul 26, 2012
Thanks .Worked for me after I reinstalled the original firmare.Has anyone installed a clockworkmod recovery on a SuperNova8? If so I would appreciate info on which version
you installed and a link to it.

Pharmbuyr

Mar 2, 2013
Root went fine, but the Market give a "No matching content in Andriod Market." message when I open the app. Any ideas what I did wrong?

johndagen

Apr 5, 2014
Awesome it works and it's easy to understand and follow directions. I don't usually join forums......but I recommend this site :)