How to Delete Deleted Files?

Kibwezi

Aug 29, 2014
Hello

So intresting question how do i delete a deleted file? I dont mean where is the recycle bin or trash can but how i can permanently delete my files so it cant be recovered at all? I'm selling my tablet and i want to make a clean sweep.
Factory reset dosent help i think.
Samsung galaxy tab 3.

Kibwezi

Aug 29, 2014

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm pretty certain 3 factory resets would do it but there are some defragment apps on the Google Store that would make quick work of any stray files before the reset.

Not certain, under these circumstances how encrypting would make any difference.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
There are deep cleaning apps on Android as an alternative, but unless your device has trade secrets from work, naughty selfies, or other such items, I really don't see the point in using them.

The point behind encrypting the data before you wipe it is this. It's an added layer of security when you're selling off your device. When you encrypt the data, a pin number is required to access it. If you encrypt the data then factory reset the phone, any data that is recovered is useless without the pin number to decrypt it.

Encrypting the existing data before the factory reset will not prevent the new owner from using the device or placing their own data on the user-accessible storage areas. It simply makes the old data virtually unusable.

zoozi

Jun 4, 2015
There are deep cleaning apps on Android as an alternative, but unless your device has trade secrets from work, naughty selfies, or other such items, I really don't see the point in using them.

The point behind encrypting the data before you wipe it is this. It's an added layer of security when you're selling off your device. When you encrypt the data, a pin number is required to access it. If you encrypt the data then factory reset the phone, any data that is recovered is useless without the pin number to decrypt it.

Encrypting the existing data before the factory reset will not prevent the new owner from using the device or placing their own data on the user-accessible storage areas. It simply makes the old data virtually unusable.

zoozi

Jun 4, 2015
Hello
I have factory reset my mobile now before selling it.
And im scared that my data can be recovered so if i encrypt my mobile now and factory reset it .is this the solution?