how to delete gmail account?

yoyodunno

Jan 5, 2011
Hey I need to know how to detete the gmail account on my rooted nook color. I want to sell the rooted nook, but I don't want someone messing with my email.

I tried adding another gmail account, but I can't remove my gmail because it crashes when I try to go to account settings.
Thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hey I need to know how to detete the gmail account on my rooted nook color. I want to sell the rooted nook, but I don't want someone messing with my email.

I tried adding another gmail account, but I can't remove my gmail because it crashes when I try to go to account settings.
Thanks.

Reset to stock and deregister then advise buyer to come to this forum and learn how to root.

That is one of the issues with buying/selling rooted nooks. Often the buyer runs into issues since the rooter used one gmail address and then tries to remove it and causes all sorts of issues with the rooted nook not working right. Then they come here looking for fixes and we advise the same thing as above telling them to reset, deregister and reroot. Might as well save the trouble.

Yes I know not everybody wants to root on their own and some buyers are ok with taking that risk, but if you don't know how to make a viable rooted nook for somebody that won't cause issues maybe you should just let them try themselves. If you want to use another gmail account to do it for them you can still restore to stock, deregister and reroot with the provided gmail so that they have a clean copy to build on.

JP

yoyodunno

Jan 5, 2011
Alright, well yeah I guess I'll deregister, and then reroot with a dummy gmail account. Thanks.

yoyodunno

Jan 5, 2011
Hey all I did was the deregister thing, and I've got it rooted again with the dummy account for market. This should be ok right? It seemed like there were some other steps in that tutorial that i didn't take.