How to determine your model?

AaronCPgh

Apr 5, 2011
Hi guys. Total Android newbie here so excuse please. iPhone user so this whole DIY experience is uh, "different". How do you determine which model you have? I purchased a Superpad 10.2 on Amazon, and I really like it. Wanted to learn how to navigate around Android OS because most of my family uses it. So far, so good. I've had no problems whatsoever out of the box, even playing Divx and movies from my iTunes that I thought would be a mess. Nope. Speaker sucks, but so does my iPhone - thus headphones or externals. No prob. (duh, complainers). ;)

So how do I determine what I have? This one has GPS and 2 SD card slots. I'll post a shot of the system info. Also, how in the world do I know the registration code? It's never asked me for it, even after an OS update. It just did what I wanted. Of course I had to redo all of the setting after, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to back that stuff up yet for the next update. But, overall, I'm pleased.

Any help would be great. Also, if I'm reposting some thing or other that has been posted for time eternal, I apologize.

Love the forum and so glad it's here. Thanks all. :)

Aaron

Attachments

• $2011-4-5-22-56-55.jpg
    $2011-4-5-22-56-55.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 2,597

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
If you have a look under the status option if I remember correctly the registration number is the last item in there, if you do a screen shot of it to the SD card you will always have it to hand.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Hi guys. Total Android newbie here so excuse please. iPhone user so this whole DIY experience is uh, "different". How do you determine which model you have? I purchased a Superpad 10.2 on Amazon, and I really like it. Wanted to learn how to navigate around Android OS because most of my family uses it. So far, so good. I've had no problems whatsoever out of the box, even playing Divx and movies from my iTunes that I thought would be a mess. Nope. Speaker sucks, but so does my iPhone - thus headphones or externals. No prob. (duh, complainers). ;)

So how do I determine what I have? This one has GPS and 2 SD card slots. I'll post a shot of the system info. Also, how in the world do I know the registration code? It's never asked me for it, even after an OS update. It just did what I wanted. Of course I had to redo all of the setting after, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to back that stuff up yet for the next update. But, overall, I'm pleased.

Any help would be great. Also, if I'm reposting some thing or other that has been posted for time eternal, I apologize.

Love the forum and so glad it's here. Thanks all. :)

Aaron

Hello, and welcome. The only question I can for sure answer is the backup question. There are several file management apps in the market. Just select one and read the onfo for it and make sure it will back up your data. If you ever decide to root your device then I recommend titanium backup * root. I use that one on my Huawei and my SuperPad II.
Again, welcome, and always glad to hear about someone else enjoying their tablet.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

Total Newbie

Apr 5, 2011
Hi Aaron -
I just got (likely) the same model from Amazon yesterday too! Pretty neat. But then I've never had a tablet nor a smart phone, so I suspect the 'pros' would think I am easily amused. -g- I've already managed to get a micro-card jammed in the TF slot -sigh- guess it's a good thing there are 2! I too was quite impressed after reading all the bad experiences of those getting pads from China that this one was in English, came with an English manual, correct adapter and already had Market and other useful apps installed on it. I have even managed to add a couple things, which I didn't think would be possible without a card. And unlike ordering from China, I got it in less than a week for the same money as Dino Direct (a HORRIBLE vendor!) advertised.

If it wasn't for the screwed up MicroCard (which is probably my fault) I'd be pretty pleased. Wasted a ton of time trying to figure it out yesterday, there is a definite learning curve for those who have never even experienced a touch screen before.

I did download an App (recommended here somewhere) called 'Android System Info' which told me a lot more than I wanted to know or could understand! LOL

Have fun! So far I am. Will send you a 'friend' request. Maybe we can compare newbie notes. : )

linda in NH

mmesler

Apr 11, 2011
Hi All,

I have had my tablet for five weeks now. I performed an update last week via the "Upgrade system" functionality and received the #2752 update. My tablet now locks up from time to time, but still usable. I am wanting to either revert to the prior version or move to the beta of the next version. However, I am scared that I don't have the exact hardware needed and I don't want to turn my tablet into a "brick".

I purchased it off of eBay. The item description was "10.2 Epad tablet pc Andriod 2.1 HDMI WiFi GPS MID Apad" and the system information for the item said that the CPU was "Infortm IX220 1Ghz ARM11". The box said Superpad on the side.

However, when I run Andriod System Info or Quick System Info, it says the CPU is "ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v61)" running at 800Mhz. It is running Andriod 2.1. When I first power on, it says "Infotmic".

I am just trying to figure out if I belong to the Gome Flytouch II forum family and how can I tell if an update is appropriate for my hardware?

Thanks in advance for your help !!

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
Hi

Yeah it would seem that you do have a Gome Flytouch II, the advertised specifications are wrong the say its a ARM11 @ 1Ghz when it is actually a ARM6 @ 800Mhz, some are advertised as having 4gb when they only have 2gb internal storage.

The other way to tell is that yop should ahve 2 USB ports and 2 SD Card slots