How To Disable Touchpad On RCA Viking Pro

kkorsmo

Jun 4, 2016
I cannot type on my keyboard dock without touching the mouse and messing up what I'm trying to type. When I google how to disable the touchpad, it tells me there is a button in the top left of the keyboard dock that should be above the 3 that disables the touchpad, but none of the buttons I press on my dock work and I don't have a button that has an icon that looks like a square. I have a RCA Viking Pro. Can anyone tell me how to disable the touchpad? Thank you.

JECarterII

Aug 27, 2016
After searching for software solutions, I decided to try a hardware approach. This isn't so difficult but takes a bit of care. Take all of the sccrews out of the bottom of the keyboard and take note of which holes they come out of - there are three different sizes. Once the bottom metal plate is removed, find the small ribbon cable on the back of the trackpad. Flip the small black bar on the white connector up with your fingernail and the ribbon will come out of the connector freely. Reassemble the keyboard and the trackpad is fully disabled while the keyboard continues to work perfectly.

Windroid

Sep 6, 2016
I cannot type on my keyboard dock without touching the mouse and messing up what I'm trying to type. When I google how to disable the touchpad, it tells me there is a button in the top left of the keyboard dock that should be above the 3 that disables the touchpad, but none of the buttons I press on my dock work and I don't have a button that has an icon that looks like a square. I have a RCA Viking Pro. Can anyone tell me how to disable the touchpad? Thank you.

RoyR

Jan 1, 2012
I have an RCA Viking Pro on order but haven't received it yet.
If the trackpad gets in my way while typing, I will try putting a thin plastic or leather sheet ontop of it to block it from receiving touch inputs. I bet that'll work.

JoysBandMom

Aug 4, 2017
I have an RCA Viking Pro on order but haven't received it yet.
If the trackpad gets in my way while typing, I will try putting a thin plastic or leather sheet ontop of it to block it from receiving touch inputs. I bet that'll work.

I'm going to guess that it didn't work. I've tried various thicknesses of cardboard and/or plastic, and haven't been able to find anything that worked without being annoyingly thick.

Janius

Feb 20, 2018
I did some research on touchpads and since we were away on a cruise, I had to improvise the fix. Simple solution... used an aluminum foil wrapper from a piece of chocolate and two band aids. I laid the aluminum foil over the touch pad and held it in place with the band aids. Worked fine, pad no longer works. When I get around to it, I will buy a roll of metal foil tape and tape over the pad with it.