How to Install Adobe Flash Player on a Coby Kryos 7024

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
I have a Coby Kyros 7024 and I also have adobe flash player as an .apk file on my desk top computer. How do I install adobe flash player into my 7024? Thank you!

Apr 28, 2011
Transfer the file to your tablet, then install it and it will be enabled. I have heard that slows down the tablet and doesnt work, but i have been using it and got it to work

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
Transfer the file to your tablet, then install it and it will be enabled. I have heard that slows down the tablet and doesnt work, but i have been using it and got it to work

Specifically, WHERE should I install the APK file onto the tablet, I assume I can drag and drop it into the tablet but exactly what file folder should it be dragged into and how can I find it on the tablet and how do I run it?

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
OK, I moved it into the main folder and then I used ES File Explorer to install it. It works!!

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
I tested it at Youtube. When you load a video, you see a Green, downward pointing arrow in the window where you would normally see the video. If you tap the green arrow once, the video loads and plays. The videos do not load and play automatically, you have to tap the green arrow to activate load and play. Videos play perfect. No problems encountered. Thanks for your help!!

Apr 28, 2011
I also heard that adobe flash only works in dolphin browser, but if it is working perfectly for u and u like it, i wouldnt go and change any settings

jangjangjang

Jun 4, 2011
this is my first android tablet and i got the adobe flash to work and you are correct that it works on the dolphin browser only. it does slow it down a bit. the browser that comes along with the tablet does not even complete loading when there is flash. CNN will just stop working. mmatko will not open for flash. You will have to restart your tablet to get it working again. i like dolphin browser anyways better that the one it comes with. i believe it has a zoom feature which by accident i found out but i cant replicate it again.

i was going to return it back but after i got to install pandora, amazon, dropbox, facebook & youtube from freewarelovers.com then it became usable. feels like my iphone now.

i noticed that some websites dont scroll at all though like www.kevinthesoulassassinross.com. what you see when it loads on page is what you get.
and some websites show half of it only and you cant zoom in or out.

for email, it can get GMAIL but you have to manual install YAHOO. not so bad. I got my work exchange email working as well.

for wifi, it is a bit slower than all my other wifi stuff. my iphone 3gs is faster than this but i do like that i can see things bigger here so i dont have to strain my eyes so much on my iphone.

i could not get skype to work. i could get fring but i dont know anyone on fring.

i am still debating whether i should keep it or not. initially i really wanted a galaxy tab but i tried this first.

battery from continuous usage is drained in 4-5 hours.

nicksred

Aug 28, 2011
I have the 7024 and cannot install flash. It tells me to sign in via applib and I do- then says I don't have an android phone. What am I doin wrong?

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
hello:

Ok so I have the colby MID7120, and it doesnt have the flash player. The browser is horrible (google). I want to install the adobe flash player but I dont even know where to begin. I dont even know whats a apk file or where to get it from. The tablets was a gift but Im about to throw in the closet and keep it there for ever.

Please someone help me to atleast install the flash player:). thank you

MIG

MIG

Nov 21, 2011
Ok anyone please respond on how to install the adobe flash player on my colby 7120. I bn posting looking for suggestion and no reply in return.:(

Thank you

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
So far there isn't a single report of a full version of Flash that works in either 7120 or 7012. If there is one for 7012 then it should work in 7120 and vice-versa. You can try Flash lite, but I don't think you can use it to play embedded videos.

BTW:
1- This thread is about 7024, not 7120;
2- Adding new posts with the same question over and over again won't make the answer pop up.

Last edited:

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi MIG,

I know you're not happy without having flash on the tablet. Have you tried using a different browser? Like the Dolphin HD one? I don't know if that would help or not. lfom said in another thread:

Looks like you're in the same boat as 7012 folks: what works for them should work for 7120 and vice-versa. So far, no luck...

So it seems like the flash player apk that ends up working for the MID7012 will work for your device, but so far that hasn't happened yet. Keep checking back, if something changes I am sure people will yell it from the rooftops.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi yuese,

Welcome to the board, glad you could join us, I think MIG has tried that already, but I appreciate you posting the side loading technique for us. I think it's a problem with the CPU or some other chip in the set that prevents the flash player for working and installing correctly. Not sure. Thanks again for posting! :D