How to load firmware from nothing

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
Don't let that fool you, man. I was under the impression that I had a T01, see my previous post. I loaded his scripts which changed a few things including the name of the FW. After stuff no longer worked, duh, I began doing my own work, which led me to wipe the system partition with adb.

I assure you, this is no T01.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Don't let that fool you, man. I was under the impression that I had a T01, see my previous post. I loaded his scripts which changed a few things including the name of the FW. After stuff no longer worked, duh, I began doing my own work, which led me to wipe the system partition with adb.

I assure you, this is no T01.

Not a problem the video tells you exactly how to upgrade a Mcpad F1 and provides the software, so if you have a Mcpad F1 follow the instructions on the video and use the software to fix your tablet.

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
Excellent, will do, but there's already a problem. What version of livesuite is that? I have 1.07, and it looks nothing like that.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Excellent, will do, but there's already a problem. What version of livesuite is that? I have 1.07, and it looks nothing like that.

No ideal what version it is, I doubt the version would matter, but you should be able to remove the version you have and use the version in the video if want. I am sure the download link provided by Mcbub includes the version of livesuite in the video.

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
It's downloading pretty slow, but I'll update this post when I'm done fiddling around with it. Thanks for your help again.

EDIT: Ok, got it to boot up and everything is fine except the screen. There are quite a few quirks here though.

The broken english in the word document tutorial and the video being silent did not help at all.

You are going to have to rename the key and img files. For some reason the Phoenix Pro application wouldn't "Start Production" until they had different file names. I have no idea why. I renamed them Key.key and A13.img respectively.

The screen is about 1cm off to the left. May be a hardware difference between the mcbub a13 and the one I have. I will try other images I may find.

EDIT 2: Looks like I need a seperate Key file for each FW img or something. It won't load another A13 img I have.

Last edited:

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
Oh, man, have I gone down a rabbit hole on this one.

I got CWM on this thing (5.5.0.4) but it has no back button or option in the lists of selections within CWM.

After that I was able to get GAPPS on it from here:

allwinner-cm9.googlecode.com/files/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

I still have the issue with the display being about 1cm to the left. I can't tell if it's because of the McBub FW that's on it or not. I think I messed something up when I took it apart because even clockworkmod is shifted. I don't know.

To get CWM on this thing just follow instructions here:

[Script/Mod] For Allwinner A1X platforms - SlateDroid.com

After that I installed Cyanogen Mod 9 on it. It worked, but no touch screen. I didn't wipe my caches though... maybe it'd work if I did that... Oh well, food for thought.

Thanks again vamps for all your help. Maybe you know where I could find another A13 img to fix this screen issue? I'm not afraid of testing crap, as you can tell.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
We need to find your exact device, yours isn't the Mcpad F1, that's why you are seeing screen offset, a lot of firmware will work on many different allwinners, as in this case, but there maybe some offsets, like you are having. If you can find someone will your exact tablet, and have them dump the bootloader, system and boot.img you could restore that to yours and have a good tablet.

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
Exactly my thoughts. I really have no way of finding out though, shady Chinese dealer sending me the wrong tablet. Pretty certain they won't be replying to any e-mails regarding specifics of their hardware serial numbers.

So, like I said, if you happen to find any IMGs out there for this design I'd be happy to test 'em for you ;)

Last edited:

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
I will try it as soon as I can find the tablet. Girlfriend hides it from me to keep me from messing with it :p

She should be happy if it works, thanks a ton for the link.

EDIT: Everything is centered! Thanks again! w00t!

Last edited:

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
@kmr1962 Where did you get the link for that? Please name as many names as you can.

poursoul

Jul 3, 2012
I'm all set as far as firmware. The tablet is working great now thanks to kmr1962.

The forum won't let me post links yet. So I'll give a description. The site is ali Express and the tablet is listed as an Eken T01, but I can assure you that it is definitely not one. They even list the T01 specs, bastards. This is definitely an Allwinner A13, similar to the McBub model.

The manufacturer on that site is simply listed as:

Original brand mobile phone OEM factory
Store No.603716

So no, no real info. I did get a 20% refund back though through Ali Express which equaled out to $17.

Last edited: