How To Load & Manage Photos Direct From Camera USB to MID7042... ?

floorbored

Nov 14, 2012
When I attach the USB cable from my camera to the tablet, the photos on the camera appear in the 'Gallery' app, but (as expected) disappear when I disconnect the USB.

Can someone tell me how to permanently copy the photos from the camera to a folder on the tablet? I thought there might be a way through ES File Manager, but haven't been able to sort it out...

Also, are there any picture manager apps for the 7042 that would automatically load the photos from the camera to a photo file on the tablet? Searching GetJar and the web, but not finding...

Last edited:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not aware of such a capability. However if your camera uses a SD card, purchase a USB card reader such as the Kingston G2. Remove the card from the camera and insert it into the G2, then connect the G2 to the 7042's USB port using the adapter dongle that should have been in the box. This should allow the card reader to function as a USB memory stick. From there you can remove the pictures from the card using ES File Explorer.

Also, if you're not going to root the tablet, install Amazon's Appstore rather than relying on GetJar. To be blunt, GetJar sucks.

floorbored

Nov 14, 2012
Thank you for reply!

I had somehow stumbled across a way to save a photo from my camera to a folder on the tablet, but it was very complicated and cannot remember how it happened... :D

Anyway, I am setting this tablet up for an older relative and do not want to root it at this point, but would like for them to be able to store photos from their camera on it. They do not have a PC.

The USB Card Reader works to view the photos, but no apparent way to save them, maybe because the camera card is a Compact Flash Card? If there is a way to save them, can you describe how to do it?

Nexus Media Importer software sounds interesting, as it does not require root, but cannot find a downloadable file for it - it is on GooglePlay, which Coby can't access.

UPDATE: I figured this out - will post instructions... How To Save Your Photos From Camera to Coby MID7042 Tablet

Last edited:

Mrdaviso

Mar 29, 2011
I did this with my mytouch 4g

Connect the phone/camera to the 7042 via usb dongle that was included. Go to settings-storage-scroll down to usb section-uncheck media sync option-mount usb(it takes two tries evrytime on mine)- next open root explorer or equivilant(root NOT needed) navigate to /mnt/usbhost1 I think it is and boom there's everything ready to copy as needed. :rolleyes:

Sent from my MID7042 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2