How to Recover Deleted Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupeshforu3

Jan 31, 2013
Sir I am using Sony Ericsson xperia walkman wt19i phone with Android version 4. Yesterday I have downloaded 700 MB file from net and connected to Windows 8 PC and tried to transfer the file but accidentally I have deleted the file from Windows explorer.

Sir can you please suggest a procedure to get back my file.

Regards,
Rupesh.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If I undersfand you correctly you downloaded the file to your tablet then lost it while trying to transfer it to your PC? Use Recuva to recover the file. You'll need to connect your tablet and turn on USB Storage. Then run Recuva on the tablet's drives. It should detect the file and be able to recover it. However, it is vitally important that you not write anything else to the storage spaces, unless you want to lose the file forever.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Rupesh, welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. It seems my friend Traveller has already advised you regarding recovery of that file, so I'll just wish you good luck. Enjoy the forum!

JcharlesBrown

Aug 16, 2013
Sir I am using Sony Ericsson xperia walkman wt19i phone with Android version 4. Yesterday I have downloaded 700 MB file from net and connected to Windows 8 PC and tried to transfer the file but accidentally I have deleted the file from Windows explorer.

Sir can you please suggest a procedure to get back my file.

Regards,
Rupesh.

As Traveller recommended, I have tried Recuva software to recover deleted data from my Android phone but it was not that much affective. Then I tried Remo Recover software and it was as per my satisfaction.

anglemiller

Dec 16, 2013
Data lost on Android phone can be restored. Most cases, there are memory card like sd card will be used on android system phone. If data lost on the memory card like sd card, cf card, you can use free software to restore photos off sd card.

Last edited:

Ctls_Rajesh

Dec 5, 2013
Hello Rupesh,

Welcome to the android tablets forum, just check your recycle bin and restore your file then You are permanently delete these file, i have no any idea how to restore file.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@Ctls_Rajesh: The OP had already solved his issue, however your suggestion would not work. Removable storage devices such as SD Cards, USB sticks and other devices that have flash memory do not have a recycle bin from which things can be restored. The OP's device uses flash memory, thus no recycle bin to restore from. Therefore he had to use a file undelete program such as the ones mentioned in this thread to have any chance of recovering his file.

External hard drives are a different story however and do have recycle bin support in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.