How to Reset HaiPad M701-R to factory defaults

jmodi

Oct 21, 2010
Does anybody know how to reset HaiPad M701-R to factory defaults. Or is there an upgrade firmware for this device? My video does not work with movies and youtube, but the works with the games that came with device. Any help is appreciated.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
From the Home Screen press the Menu button, then:

Privacy -> Factory data reset

Then press the "Reset Device" button.

As for firmware? I'm only aware of a firmware release for the M701. Confusing because the description I read referenced the "remote control" so I'm not certain whether it is a firmware for just the M701 (which has 2 usb ports and no HDMI or remote) or if it is for (or also for) M701-R or not. Not going to risk it until I know it's definitely for my device or I might brick the darned thing.

Mine played videos just find out of the box. You may want to double-check your Display settings - particularly "Output Device."

Last edited:

jmodi

Oct 21, 2010
I definitely had Output Device setting not correct. Now I can play video, but man, the graphics are terrible. Not sure if the firmware will resolve the graphics issue. It seems the problem is the screen,because when I hold it a certain way, I can see smooth images. I tried to contact the supplier, but he is not replying, I am just getting frustrated.

The, "Reset Device" require an image on the SD or USB, that is what I need now. Do you have a link to the firmware? Mine has a remote and HDMI.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Well, if your streaming full HD video over your wi-fi it simply may not have enough bandwidth to play smoothly (on my wireless g connection the best I can stream smoothly is 360p video - that's true for my Linux box as well, with specs far, far above this tablet - so it is a network bandwidth limitation, not the device). If it won't play a video from nand or SD properly, though, there's something else wrong.

"Reset Device" erases all your personal information, media files on the internal storage, and downloaded apps. When you reboot it will ask you to set up your Google account again, and you'll have to reinstall all your apps. It uses the image that's already IN the firmware.

As for the firmware available, the latest release from Haipad is HERE. However, it says it's for the M701 and NOT the M701-R specifically. While it references the remote control (that comes with the M701-R) it ALSO refers to the dual USB version (only on the M701). So I don't know if this is a firmware for M701 AND M701-R devices, or just one or the other. Applying it might brick your tablet if it's not the right one!

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
From the Home Screen press the Menu button, then:

Privacy -> Factory data reset

Then press the "Reset Device" button.

As for firmware? I'm only aware of a firmware release for the M701. Confusing because the description I read referenced the "remote control" so I'm not certain whether it is a firmware for just the M701 (which has 2 usb ports and no HDMI or remote) or if it is for (or also for) M701-R or not. Not going to risk it until I know it's definitely for my device or I might brick the darned thing.

Mine played videos just find out of the box. You may want to double-check your Display settings - particularly "Output Device."

You may get yourself in trouble if you do that. Remember, these products are made in China, therefore the original settings was probably all in Chinese. I've heard reports of people trying this and shooting themselves in the foot because they couldn't read the language after resetting.

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
You may get yourself in trouble if you do that. Remember, these products are made in China, therefore the original settings was probably all in Chinese. I've heard reports of people trying this and shooting themselves in the foot because they couldn't read the language after resetting.

But if you know the Settings menu icons and position of options in the list you can fix it without being able to read the language.

1. Hit the Menu button and click the "Dial" icon in the lower right OR click the drawer and launch "Settings" directly (again, "Dial" icon)
2. Scroll down list until you see an square icon with an "A..." inside it. Click on that settings item.
3. The first item on the sub-menu is the Language/Locale setting - click it and you'll get a list of all the available languages, find yours and select it.

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Please how do i reset POV 7'' tablet to factory setting"? My recovery image is missing and i only get a white screen using home and power buttons or privacy-factory data reset-reset device buttons.

Thanks