How To "Right Click" on a LePan S, and Intermittent Screen "Dimming"

woody51

Dec 15, 2012
Yesterday I received the LePan S I ordered from Walmart. It is the first device of it's type I've ever had, so perhaps my questions just show my ignorance about how to use a tablet device.

First of all, how do I "right click" on a LePan? Specifically, I want to save a copy of an image I've found online. On my PC I'd right click the image with my mouse, then click on "Save Picture As". I expect that the Android system will prompt me to tell it where I want to save things?

My other question/observation is that the screen seems to dim and re-brighten periodically...sometimes repeatedly (like it's blinking a bit). I turned off the lamp that was shining on the screen, thinking that perhaps it was reacting to the light hitting it, but it still dimmed and brightened again periodically. My other guess is that this happens when the screen refreshes. I was displaying a Google image search, and I know it takes a while for all of the images to download.

pogoj

Dec 28, 2011
Put your pointing device (finger in most cases) on the image and press. A dialog box of choices should come up, including one that allows you to save the image. The number of options you get will depend a bit on the browser you're using.

The screen brightness will fade from time to time to save battery if you're not actively using the screen. It will brighten again when you touch it. It really should not be be flickering for other reasons.

Sent from my TC970 (Wi-Fi) using Android Tablet

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Finger tap = left click
Long press = right click (more or less). A "share" menu will open. The options available will depend on the apps you have installed.

Screen brightness can be adjusted in settings -> Dislpay. You can choose automtic which will change depending on ambient light or set it to a certain brightness.

Once you get used to it android is much simpler than windows.

woody51

Dec 15, 2012
Thank you, both, for your replies. The options for saving an image did display when I held my finger on the image. The explanation that a finger tap = left click and a long press = right click is going to help me figure out a lot of things. Much obliged.