How To Set the Date on a LePan S Tablet?

woody51

Dec 15, 2012
I just bought a LePan S tablet. The time is off by 8 hours...I'm in the Pacific Time Zone and the LePan seems to be displaying GMT. I've read the manual that is loaded on the tablet and I've also downloaded the manual from LePan's site. Both give the same directions:

Start at Home, touch Applications, touch Settings, and select Date&Time

Well, there IS no Date&Time option on the screen that displays when I touch Settings. I've tried scrolling down and sideways, but the screen that displays for Settings seems to be just the one page/screen...nothing scrolls. I've also opened all the other options on the Settings screen, but I don't find Date&Time embedded in another option.

Does anyone know how to manually adjust the Date&Time (or, specifically, the Time Zone) on the LePan S? What am I missing?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

If you open the settings, you should see some options to scroll through, including Wireless & Networks, Device, Personal, Accounts, and System at the bottom. Under the System section there should be one called Date & Time

I am running Jelly Bean (Android 4.1) so if you are on ICS or an older version it may vary differently. You may need to hit the SETTINGS icon in the top left if your settings is in a subsection (like the Wireless Networks) and you cannot see the entire list of settings.

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Date and time are an option in settings.
Touch the app drawer icon top right of your screen. (Looks like 2 small rows of squares)
This will show you all your apps.
Scroll to settings (apps are listed in alphabetical order)
Open settings
There is a left column and a right column.
Scroll the left column down til you see date and time
Your play store probably won't work right until you get the date and time fixed.

woody51

Dec 15, 2012
Thanks to both of you. As I said in my original post, the screen didn't move when I tried to scroll up and down (or sideways). But because you gave such specific instructions, I realized I wasn't even seeing the SYSTEM section. This is my first mobile device, so I'm not very good at the finger touches and strokes. To make matters worse, my fingers are dry and callused...so I suppose they are not very "conductive". When the screen didn't scroll last night, I just assumed there were no more options in Settings, other than what I saw on the first screen. Once I knew there had to be more, somewhere, I persisted in trying to scroll (and, actually, it scrolled on my 2nd stroke) and found it. The ironic part is that as soon as I got into the Date&Time option, the clock corrected itself. It was pre-set to pick up the network date and time, but I'd turned the LePan on before I'd gotten the WI-FI option on my DSL router set-up (never had any reason to use it before this). I think the LePan defaulted to GMT, or something, before it had a network to get the date and time from and didn't update the clock while it was still turned on. The time was still 8 hours "ahead" when I turned it on this morning, but as soon as I got into the Date&Time option (even though I had not connected to my network yet), the clock adjusted back 8 hours to Pacific Time.

Now I've got two more questions, but I'll post those separately as they have nothing to do with time setting. By the way, I'M really pleased with the image quality on my LePan, and I've had no problems with the WI-FI part of it...although I haven't tried to use it outside of my own living room where the DSL router is located. Thanks again...