How to root my tablet without using ready-made apps?

mospeada

Nov 18, 2010
I have been unable to find a one-click app that can root my unidentifiable tablet (OS 1.6 Build WMT2.0_8102). The tested apps include:

EasyRoot would not install on my device.

Universal_Androot_1.6.2_beta_5 installed, but said: "I can not root this device."

z4root.1.3.0 can at least finish the temporary rooting process and put a Superuser in the drawer, but if I run root apps like AutoStarts, the app is demanding I have root access. Also, no apps are listed under the Superuser Apps tab. So, the rooting is not really working.

It looks like I have no other option but to root the tablet "the hard way." Is there a basic or step-by-step procedure I can follow to do it? Please help.

dadm

Apr 16, 2011
I am interested in learning "the hard way also". do we need to learn the android OS commands first? Then find strings or shells associated with "trunking" the OS?..
..:confused:
I have been unable to find a one-click app that can root my unidentifiable tablet (OS 1.6 Build WMT2.0_8102). The tested apps include:

EasyRoot
would not install on my device.

Universal_Androot_1.6.2_beta_5
installed, but said: "I can not root this device."

z4root.1.3.0
can at least finish the temporary rooting process and put a Superuser in the drawer, but if I run root apps like AutoStarts, the app is demanding I have root access. Also, no apps are listed under the Superuser Apps tab. So, the rooting is not really working.

It looks like I have no other option but to root the tablet "the hard way." Is there a basic or step-by-step procedure I can follow to do it? Please help.

margz

Jun 18, 2011
same thing happen to me..then i try to manually change the permission

Attachments

• $20110521125052.jpg
    $20110521125052.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,859

emarlatt

Sep 15, 2011
ROOTING CAN BRICK YOU DEVICE!
Always be care full when trying to root read as much info as you can about rooting your device and always back up before you try to root.

If you can not restore a file you are changing do not change it.

I am at no fault if you try to root your device and brick it!

You need to use adb in the android sdk it is in the platform-tools
I got the files I needed from superoneclick and used adb to push them to the right folders
You have to be sure your bootloader is unlocked and you need to know how to put your device into boot loader mode
adb shell
From the way it sounds with the temp root you were getting your boot loader is locked or reloading on reboot
you will need to find a boot image for your device that is not locked or does not reload
GOOD LUCK!
Hope this helps.
remount rw
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su
ln -s /sbin/su /system/bin/su
ln -s /sbin/su /system/xbin/su
exit
adb push superuser.apk /system/app
adb shell
rm -R /data/dalvik-cache

meadows01

Oct 11, 2011
i recently got this tablet and i am trying to figure out how to root and uprade my tablet. here is the specs.. any help would be awesome. i am, somewhat new to android it is currently a 2.1 and i am trying to get it to a 2.2 or 2.3.

DisplaySrceen size7"
Resolution800*480 pixel
Display typeTFT LCD Display with Resistive touch screen
CPUTCC8902, RAM11, 720MHz
MemoryStorage memory2G-32GB MLC Nandflash, support 16GB micSD card slot
System memory256MB DDR2
NetworkWiFi 820.11b/g,3G wireless through USB dongle
Sensorbuilt-in G-sensor (0.3mpixels CMOS, 3-Axis G-sensor)
Battery3.7V, 3200mAH Li-poly battery
Battery lifeMusic8 hours@mp3, 128Kbps, 44.1Khz,
Video6 hours@720p, 30fps, 4 hours@1080p, 30fps
Internet6 hours@WiFi, web-browser
Video playbackFull HD (1080p) video playback with 30fps; H.263, H.264, MPEG1/2/4, WMV
InterfaceMicro SDHC card, 3.5mm stereo earphone,
USB 2.0 OTG,MIC, DC adapter jack for charging, Reset
FormatVideo formatMP3/WAV/WMA/AAC/OGG/FLAC/APE/AC3
Music formatAVI/WMV/3GP/MP4/MPG/VOB/MKV/RMVB/FLV/TS/TP
Image formatJPEG/RAW/BMP/GIF/PNG
Certification & RegulationCE,FCC and RoHS compliant
Operating System
OSAndroid 2.1
Dimension
Length191mm
Width121mm
Thickness14mm