How to Root New Brauhn WL-101GQC 10.1” Tablet

enviro8

Feb 29, 2012
I got my tablet last Wednesday and have been trying to root it.

I have tried a whole range of methods, some guaranteed to work on all Android devices, most were free but I paid for several. None of them worked or else stated that they had not yet found a way.

These included SuperOne Click, Root with Restore by Bin4ry v30, OneClickRoot, etc.

Having found that the SuperUser binary must reside in /System/Xbin directory, I tried to use ADB to move the binary into it using a range of strategies.

Fortunately I found a free program that actually worked and also allowed the Tablet to be unrooted.

This morning I unrooted my tablet and did a factory reset.

Guess what? I couldn’t root the tablet with the program.

After a good play around, I managed to root it, so starting with an unrooted tablet and new factory reset, here is the method;

WARNING
ROOTING YOUR TABLET HAS THE POTENTIAL TO TURN YOUR TABLET INTO A “BRICK’ AND IS LIKELY TO VOID ANT WARRANTEE.
NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS POST OR THE WEBSITE WHERE IT IS POSTED ACCEPTS ANY RESPNSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOU ROOTING YOUR TABLET AS DESCRIBED.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT]Download the free SRS One Click Android Root v4.6 from SRSRoot One Click Root for Android (SuperUser) and install on your PC.
[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT]Download the free Root Checker by joeykrim from Play Store
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT]Connect your tablet to your PC with the USB cable, wait for any drivers to install.
[FONT=&quot]4. [/FONT]On the Tablet:
[FONT=&quot]a. [/FONT]Make sure Unknown sources is turned on – Settings>Security>Unknown sources

[FONT=&quot]b. [/FONT]Make sure USB Debugging is turned on – Settings>Developer options and turn on at Top Right Corner if greyed out and turn on both USB debugging and Allow mock locations
[FONT=&quot]c. [/FONT]Make sure the USB computer connection is set up – Settings>Storage and click on the 3 dots in the Top Right Corner – Click on USB computer connection and select Mount SD card.

[FONT=&quot]5. [/FONT]Back out to the Home screen
[FONT=&quot]6. [/FONT]Wait until the tablet goes into standby and the screen is black
[FONT=&quot]7. [/FONT]Run Super One Click Root (you need to be connected to the Internet)
[FONT=&quot]8. [/FONT]Select ADB Toolbox
[FONT=&quot]9. [/FONT]Select Reboot Device

[FONT=&quot]10. [/FONT]Wait for Reboot
[FONT=&quot]11. [/FONT]Wait until the tablet goes into standby and the screen is black
[FONT=&quot]12. [/FONT]Select Root Device (All Methods)
[FONT=&quot]13. [/FONT]Follow directions and when you unlock the screen
[FONT=&quot]14. [/FONT]Select Install SuperUser
[FONT=&quot]15. [/FONT]Select Gandalf
[FONT=&quot]16. [/FONT]When the root finishes turn off and restart tablet and it should be rooted
[FONT=&quot]17. [/FONT]At this stage I installed the BusyBox Installer from Play Store, but probably did not have to.

usador

Jun 10, 2013
3. Connect your tablet to your PC with the USB cable, wait for any drivers to install.

Hi,

Windows is not automatically finding the drivers for BAUHN WL-101GQC, where can I get them from?

Thanks

jamezk

Jun 11, 2013
hi guys
I rooted my new Bauhn Tablet last night as per instructions, worked like a charm. Was very pleased to get root access and set up the tablet as I have my Nexus and other android devices.

I get home from work this afternoon and the device wont load past the "android" bootloader - the Mrs decided to install a "beats by dre.apk" while I was at work and now were stuffed.
Didnt make a backup .ab and cant find an original ROM anywhere to flash it.

Can anyone help? this goes a bit beyond my level of knowledge

A mate of mine has the same tablet, if I do a backup on his device, transfer the .ab to my SD and try to restore will that work?

ANY help would be most appreciative!

Last edited:

enviro8

Feb 29, 2012
This is a possibility have you tried to reset the tablet ie push in a paper clip into the small hole in the rear cover?

Also have you tried a firmware reset - page 41 of the manual.

I have not been able to achieve this on this tablet, but others have.

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
Here is the Tempo download directory for Aldi devices like tablets and phone. The new tablet is the last device in the tree.

Looks like maybe the first file is original firmware and second is a large update, but I don't have that tablet and have not done updates to one so just a guess.

Index of /fw

Last edited:

enviro8

Feb 29, 2012
You are correct, the last one is for this tablet.

When you open the bottom folder (w1-101ggc) you get two further folders, the bottom is the latest firmware WL101GQC_3.1.7.0.zip

Download and copy the zip file to your SD card

On the Tablet go to Settings > About tablet ) System update and select Local updates.
This takes you into the built in File explorer.

It will come up with /storage/sdcard0, just tap the arrow, select sdcard1 and tap on the required zip file and your software will be updated.

franc

Apr 15, 2013
Me 2 great post dude well done all, when I grow a pair I may even have a go at rooting mine. Thanks.

Last edited:

2greedy

Jun 11, 2014
Hi guy's

i have tried your method and nothing seems to work? could someone shed some light on this please ?