Rooting and installing clockworkmod recovery on coby kyros mid7012

swtnss

Feb 6, 2012
As I read threads many have been trying to find out how to root this tablet. I found a way that you can have root access without installing custom roms.

1. first download super one click 2.3
2. on your tablet, enable debugging by going to settings; applications, and development
3. connect your tablet to your computer. make sure your computer can read your tablet
4 open up superoneclick and click root once done your tablet will restart itself. it will say you have root access
note: you may have problems getting superuser to grant permission. here is what i did.
make superuser work

1.download a superuser zip file to your computer
2. connect your tablet and open up your mass storage.
3. transfer the superuser zip file to the root of your sd card.
4. rename the superuser zip file to update.zip
5. turn off your tablet and hold down the back button and power on. keep holding until you see something like reboot now. dont click on it.
6. scroll down till you see install update from sd card, click on that and look for your root folder and hit the update.zip file. it will install the superuser.
7. after done installing go back and hit reboot now.
8. make sure you have busybox installed
9. click on your superuser icon and superuser will ask to grant permission.

you now have superuser working.

HOW TO INSTALL CLOCKWORKMOD

1. DOWNLOAD A CLOCKWORKMOD ZIP FILE
2. RENAME IT UPDATE.ZIP
3. CONNECT YOUR TABLET TO YOUR COMPUTER AND TRANSFER THE FILE TO THE ROOT OF YOUR SD CARD
4. POWER DOWN YOUR TABLET AND HOLD DOWN THE BACK BUTTON AND POWER ON
5. SCROLL DOWN TO INSTALL UPDATE FROM SD
6. LOOK FOR THE ROOT FOLDER AND CLICK ON THE UPDATE FILE FOR CLOCKWORK MOD
7. AFTER INSTALL REBOOT TABLET
YOU WILL HAVE CLOCKWORK MOD INSTALLED
TO GO INTO CLOCKWORK MOD
DO THE SAME STEPS.
POWERDOWN AND HOLD DOWN THE BACK KEY AND POWER BUTTON.

I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEBODY.

swtnss

Feb 6, 2012
Please let me know if it worked for you so i can try to help solve the problems.

Mayarra

Jun 4, 2013
I haven't been able to start rooting seeing as i can't get my computer to go through the found new hardware wizard - ive downloaded android sdk both the 32 bit and 64 bit downloaded the drivers and directed the wizard to look in that file folder but the computer still has a yellow triangle with a ? beside it in the device manager - im wondering what i am doing wrong???