How to Sign Out of Gmail App?

ucfgnome

Feb 12, 2011
Hi - I have my account setup on Gmail app that is on the Rooted Nook Color, how do I log out?

If I go to the Gmail App Accounts page where it shows my account listed, and click menu, the Nook Color reboots.

Thanks

ucfgnome

Feb 12, 2011
I'm surprised to not find a answer yet

Hi - I have my account setup on Gmail app that is on the Rooted Nook Color, how do I log out?

If I go to the Gmail App Accounts page where it shows my account listed, and click menu, the Nook Color reboots.

Thanks

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Get and install "Advance Task Killer" app from the market and either setup autokill (close) apps on a timer or manually kill (close) the Gmail app.

my ATK settings are:
Auto Kill Level - Crazy
Auto Kill Frequency - Every half hour

Marek

Feb 1, 2011
Get and install "Advance Task Killer" app from the market and either setup autokill (close) apps on a timer or manually kill (close) the Gmail app.

This will not actually sign you out AFAIK. It just closes the app not log you out. I know one way to sign out is to change your gmail password from a PC and then when you are on the nook and try to go to gmail it says it needs a new password to sign in.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
This will not actually sign you out AFAIK. It just closes the app not log you out. I know one way to sign out is to change your gmail password from a PC and then when you are on the nook and try to go to gmail it says it needs a new password to sign in.

When I close my apps such as gmail, facebook and twitter, it logs me out. Works for me.

Just my 1 cent. ;)

Marek

Feb 1, 2011
@rico - so whenever you click the gmail icon it makes you put in your password? Hrm... I wonder how I can get mine to do that?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
@rico - so whenever you click the gmail icon it makes you put in your password? Hrm... I wonder how I can get mine to do that?

No, note quite what I said. My app logs me in automatically and then when I kill it (when ATK automatically closes the app in android), I'm logged out if not immediately, shortly after. That is what I see for all three of those apps. I know if I were to close my app on the NC or phone, log in online, I would not be logged in and I would have to enter my password.